The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NHL Return To Play Thread (24 team play off, 15 team draft lottery)

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This is stupid. Curse language is part of the game. Just put a disclaimer on that it may contain curse language and the family with kids could just mute it. I want real time action.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

This is stupid. Curse language is part of the game. Just put a disclaimer on that it may contain curse language and the family with kids could just mute it. I want real time action.

5 seconds won't make a difference. It's still real time action.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Is there a difference? Flyin mcdavid compared to bad news Bear Canuck scrimmage. I think Canucks maybe need a wake up call. 

12 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Is there a difference? Flyin mcdavid compared to bad news Bear Canuck scrimmage. I think Canucks maybe need a wake up call. 

So, you're making snap judgments about a once in a lifetime pre-preseason July scrimmage on day 4 out of 17 in a Covid Climate, and trying to compare to another pre-preseason practice based on you tube highlights?

Sounds like Harry needs a hockey lesson. :lol:

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

As long as they jump on the music between the whistles most of that stuff will get drowned out

I wonder if they'll even have music. Seems like an unnecessary risk having another body there to DJ for fans that aren't there lol.

23 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I wonder if they'll even have music. Seems like an unnecessary risk having another body there to DJ for fans that aren't there lol.

That's possible as well. As long as they don't pipe in fake crowd noise. I tried watching some soccer games with it and the way it didn't match with the action was really quite annoying.  

4 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

That's possible as well. As long as they don't pipe in fake crowd noise. I tried watching some soccer games with it and the way it didn't match with the action was really quite annoying.  

Not believable at all?

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Coarse language involving curse words:bigblush:

Anyways simple solution:  Unedited feed on an alternate network or accessible using the SAP button but I don't think tvs have that anymore.  I have been clamoring for an uncut feed with no announcers for quite some time (Sorry shorty, nothing personal) but I bet the NHLPA wouldn't want what is said on the ice made public lol.  

• Cheers 4

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Probably every time one of Shattenkirk’s teammates call his name for the puck it’ll be muted out, eh? Good thing Focht isn’t on our team quite yet.

Edited by Slegr
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hlinkas wrister said:

We have had fake crowd noises for the National Rugby League in Australia for weeks and it was really very good.

For the first two weeks with no crowds and no fake noise There was a really hollow sound with an empty stadium and you could really just hear the players and referees. There was little to no atmosphere.

With the introduction of the crowd noise the game was a lot better to watch. I have to commend the guys adding the noise as they did a very good job.

We are back to small crowds now who seem to be very vocal (just excited to see live sport again).

PS cant wait for the hockey to get going again....stupid virus!!!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

We have had fake crowd noises for the National Rugby League in Australia for weeks and it was really very good.

For the first two weeks with no crowds and no fake noise There was a really hollow sound with an empty stadium and you could really just hear the players and referees. There was little to no atmosphere.

With the introduction of the crowd noise the game was a lot better to watch. I have to commend the guys adding the noise as they did a very good job.

We are back to small crowds now who seem to be very vocal (just excited to see live sport again).

PS cant wait for the hockey to get going again....stupid virus!!!!!

I would also guess it would be better than just silence like I viewed in the Bundesliga.

Who are these people who get to decide what we hear or see?

Watching shows and movies where the f-bombs and heavy sex scenes are deleted is ridiculous.

Advanced civilizations like Sweden for example, don't have any of this nonsense.

Either show the production or don't; don't 'sanitize' it for me; that should be our prerogative.

They show all kinds of terrible things like torture and pedophilia but nobody should hear an expletive?

(Expletive deleted)(expletive deleted)!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

26 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Who are these people who get to decide what we hear or see?

Watching shows and movies where the f-bombs and heavy sex scenes are deleted is ridiculous.

Advanced civilizations like Sweden for example, don't have any of this nonsense.

Either show the production or don't; don't 'sanitize' it for me; that should be our prerogative.

They show all kinds of terrible things like torture and pedophilia but nobody should hear an expletive?

(Expletive deleted)(expletive deleted)!

Lots of kids watch hockey and its family time for a lot of households.  Us it so bad they want to sanitize it a bit?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Fake crowd noise sucks.

Just play and let us adapt to the new normal.

The 5 sec delay sucks too but I understand for the kiddies. 

That said, I find it funny that parents will let kids have unsupervised access to the internet yet they are still concerned about their exposure to curse words.

47 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Fake crowd noise sucks.

That said, I find it funny that parents will let kids have unsupervised access to the internet yet they are still concerned about their exposure to curse words.

Not all parents allow that. Just like not all people without kids are selfish. 

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Fake crowd noise sucks.

Would you even notice a 5 second delay? I'm sure they'll match the commentary in time with it and thus watching at home, you'll see no different. Unless you plan on listening to a radio broadcast while watching TV, it shouldn't matter.

It's not just swear words, it's derogatory terms or other comments that are said in the heat of the moment that could get blown out of proportion. It could tarnish a player's image in today's sensitive world and become a social media nightmare on the league. Normally what's said on the ice stays on the ice and they are simply keeping it that way. They want to give us the sounds of the ice and action still while managing their image.

I guess I'd have to see how they do the fake crowd noise if they choose that route. I can't really say it sucks or not until I hear it.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2