The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 12th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G1

Rate this topic

Roberts

2 hours ago, Silent Man said:

Me too. Cloutier was a great teammate, but could not play under the pressure. In the first two games of that series , when there was no pressure, he was great, especially in game 2, then, with pressure on, at home, he was awful in games 3 and 4. I mean, Canucks managed to limit the best team in NHL to 14 shots in game 4 and Dan let in 3 of them.

Then he was pulled in game 5 and allowed 2 goals on 3 shots in game 6. 

Anyway, I think this Canucks team is different from 2002 team. We have a better goaltender and younger team, and St. Louis is not as good as Detroit was back there.

We have a good chance. GCG!

Weren't we up 2-0 in game 3 before ol Clouts lets in a Lidstrom floater from over the center ice line.

We had what some consider the best hockey team of all time down and out until that moment.

Just goes to show you how closely contested the playoffs are. It really shows how laughable it is when people are calling the Stars a pushover, or a guaranteed out.

1 minute ago, UKNuck96 said:

Take her to the pub and watch the game as bonding time

Don't take her to these Coquitlam ones....  I much prefer watching the games at home now haha I have turned introvert 

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-exposures-2-coquitlam-pubs-added-to-health-authority-s-warning-list-1.5060983 

COVID-19 exposures: 2 Coquitlam pubs added to health authority's warning list 

Edited by Chicken.
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Weren't we up 2-0 in game 3 before ol Clouts lets in a Lidstrom floater from over the center ice line.

We had what some consider the best hockey team of all time down and out until that moment.

Just goes to show you how closely contested the playoffs are. It really shows how laughable it is when people are calling the Stars a pushover, or a guaranteed out.

No, it was 1-1 with momentum on our side. Hasek was  standing on his head. And then the last minute of the period- boom...bata-boom.

5 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

No, it was 1-1 with momentum on our side. Hasek was  standing on his head. And then the last minute of the period- boom...bata-boom.

Ah right, it was just 2-0 in the series but we totally had them on the ropes until that goal deflated us and we preceded to get rick rolled. :picard:

:lol::canucks: Thanks for the memories.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I've already watched this 10 times this morning. Can't wait!!!!! Go Nucks go!!!

LOL I keep rewatching it too.  And sending it to people.

THIS is how you go into a game.  God I love this guy...all heart.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I've already watched this 10 times this morning. Can't wait!!!!! Go Nucks go!!!

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

JT is my fav.

The guy is just awesome. I can really picture him with all that energy lifting that 35lbs of Silver and Nickel high above his head!

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

LOL I keep rewatching it too.  And sending it to people.

THIS is how you go into a game.  God I love this guy...all heart.

Even as an outside just watching this video just gets me fired up and ready to go, and willing to do whatever it takes to help get them the W. The atmosphere of the room was just unbelievable that night and I believe it is the key on why this team come back and won that game.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

LOL I keep rewatching it too.

And sending it to people.

THIS is how you go into a game.

Hahaha ... exactly! Can't get enough of it.

Come game time, people are either going to be really sick of me playing this ... or super pumped and all aboard the JT Miller train! ;)

• Like 1