The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 25, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

No description available.

image.thumb.png.a84560dbb2c264229dff7b6720b68dfd.png

The Eriksson post is what I was seeing G1. Vegas are cheating and their speed is killing them and leaving holes. I saw it G1.

The Canucks made the adjustments and are finding the holes. Vegas is going to have to slow the game down which plays into our hands.

Anyone talking about that JV hit on Tuch. Threw him off his game. We need more of that JV.

Who was crying about Rousell. Notice that G1 and now G2 Vegas keeps trying to through Reeves to cover him and he cannot keep up. Roussell is in their heads no matter what they say and it is working for us.

Edited by FaninMex
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Game 3 is going to be interesting, DeBoer is going to have some new tactics to try and slow down our top two lines. The good thing is that Green can always switch up Toffoli and Boeser mid-game to surprise them. Their D just couldn't handle our top two lines and that is going to be the story of the series - our top 6 vs their top 4 D and vice versa. Obviously they shredded us in Game 1, we return the favour last night, but hopefully we can continue to win the battle and Toffoli gives us a big edge there. Unfortunately the bottom 6 of both teams is pretty much a write-off but I think these guys will factor in later in the series so hopefully guys like Virt/Motte/Beagle/Sutter can give us an edge as the checking gets tighter.

Never seen a Canucks team this resilient before though from top to bottom. Shutting the door against the best 3rd period team in the league was impressive, this is a very winable series now. I think we have an edge in top-6 now, top D men and goalie. They can beat us if they grind us down 5 on 5 though so very similar to the Blues series, I think this series will be a see-saw back and forth affair. These early games are just both teams feeling each other out but now it's going to start getting interesting with all the guys into the game.

2 hours ago, NucksinNorway said:

I apologise for not doing my part last game. I didn't watch it. This game I went to my normal pre game routine and then come game time (345am) I poured myself a bowl of cereal, and a cup of coffee. 

The boys are unbeaten with that combo!

Whiskey for the milk?