The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

Apparently, too, Marky's, Toffee's, Tanev's and Stecher's agents are getting frustrated with the stall on Bennings part as he tries to get an OEL deal done.  JB wants it so bad, he can taste it - one hand on the Stanley Cup, and an OEL deal will get his other hand on it

Edited by Googlie
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Speculation on 650 that if Marky gets wooed by Calgary, they will then approach Arizona to see if OEL will add Calgary to his list.  Apparently he and Marky are best buddies.

Marky is best buds with Lindholm, so rather than be the third wheel OEL would rather be in Vancouver! :P

20 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Speculation on 650 that if Marky gets wooed by Calgary, they will then approach Arizona to see if OEL will add Calgary to his list.  Apparently he and Marky are best buddies.

In that scenario Calgary would have to commit roughly 14 million dollars to 2 players and that's without even factoring in what it cost them in prospects and or draft picks. I believe Calgary has about 16 million in cap space with players they need to sign. Sounds like cap hell to me for the next 5-7 years but....better them than us. LOL 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Apparently, too, Marky's, Toffee's, Tanev's and Stecher's agents are getting frustrated with the stall on Bennings part as he tries to get an OEL deal done.  JB wants it so bad, he can taste it - one hand on the Stanley Cup, and an OEL deal will get his other hand on it

I'm sure OEL is part of it, but he has made an offer to Marky, its up to him now. I'm wondering if Jim is just fine letting our big 3 walk and going bargain hunting in free agency instead too. He's not acting like a GM under a ton of pressure. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, #Canucks said:

Dude! That would suck for us. Not cool. Calgary would be the best team in Canada at that point.

:lol::lol::lol:

I have them as a bottom feeding team next year, with or without Markstrom. When you got Sam Bennett as your best playoff performer in the last couple of years... yikes

Edited by Odd.

7 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

I'm sure OEL is part of it, but he has made an offer to Marky, its up to him now. I'm wondering if Jim is just fine letting our big 3 walk and going bargain hunting in free agency instead too. He's not acting like a GM under a ton of pressure. 

OEL will touch the cup with one hand and Jet Black will touch the cup with the other hand at the same time and they'll be teleported to the goalie graveyard with Count Bettman waiting for them and his sidekick Wormtail (played by The Rat Brad Marchand). The Goblet of Fire is coming to life.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, billabong said:

buckle up! 

Dude, I feel things all the time! Maybe I could be an insider too?!

Sometimes pressure on my bladder makes me feel like I have to go the bathroom.

Edited by nergish