The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ VGK - GAME 7 WCSF - Sept 4 2020 - 6pm PACIFIC - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

The ref's will play a big role in this game. They can call the game by the rules.  This would benefit the Canucks. This is however the way it should be done. The game has rules and they shouldn't be changed during the playoffs.

The other thing that could happen is that the ref's ignore the hooking, holding and overall rough style of play that that slips outside of the rules of the game but are in many cases allowed because many old time hockey people like to see the cup be more of a war then a skilled competition. Canuck fans seen this happen against Boston. We were clearly the better team but the whistle was put away and the game was won by brawn not skill. 

Too me it was a massive stain on the NHL as far as being a professional league. 

The Canucks were clearly the best team in the league at that time and the league cheated them out of the cup.

Edited by appleboy
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The closer we get to game time, the more nervous I get. This Vegas team are a bunch of creeps. If they make it through, I may just lose all faith in humanity. 

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

The ref's will play a big role in this game. They can call the game by the rules.  This would benefit the Canucks. This is however the way it should be done. The game has rules and they shouldn't be changed during the playoffs.

The other thing that could happen is that the ref's ignore the hooking, holding and overall rough style of play that that slips outside of the rules of the game but are in many cases allowed because many old time hockey people like to see the cup be more of a war then a skilled competition. Canuck fans seen this happen against Boston. We were clearly the better team but the whistle was put away and the game was won by brawn not skill. 

Too me it was a massive stain on the NHL as far as being a professional league. 

image.png.f8e83c7c241053a81bdb521d4fc4582d.png

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Yup he was going to breakdown the penalty box door. He went Hulkamania. Those were good times... until Martin Gelinas ruined the party.

If we had a Jovo type defenceman on our current team we would be completely unstoppable. Hughes is like our Neidermayer. Be nice to have a Pronger as well....

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

My Todo List

✓ Golfed
✓ Bought beer

□ Diddle the wife (otherwise she annoys you during the game)

□ order in hot wings  (Covid)

□ Took a nap

□ Started drinking

□ Watched the ‘Nucks win game 7
□ Sleep