The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

not the pick I was expecting but I’m pretty happy with this. Someone meantioned jake replacement and I think you are right, but a jake replacement that plays on the aggressive side.

watched some games he played in the Belarusian top league this season (saw him in 3) and he seemed very aggressive, used his body well, and didn’t try to force the game and took the sensible option when on the puck 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Scouch says .....

"I saw Danila Klimovich at the U18s just like everyone else, and he could be an interesting pickup for teams looking for a triggerman with deceptive skill, but he's still a project to me."

Every draft pick is a project past the 1st round.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

I didn’t know a lot about Hoglander either and I love the kid.

Im really liking the new approach to choosing players who play with intensity. You need those players to win.

Brings what I wanted in Stankoven, with a bigger body and a Russian speaker.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Damn, drafted into the chl, so no Abby for two years.  That sucks

How does that work if he hasn’t signed a contract with a team there. He hasn’t reported to the CHl can he not just come over and report to the Canucks and be assigned to the A?

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, UKNuck96 said:

How does that work if he hasn’t signed a contract with a team there. He hasn’t reported to the CHl can he not just come over and report to the Canucks and be assigned to the A?

Nope, I think he's considered property of a CHL team, making him ineligible for the A until he turns 20.  Hopefully I'm wrong