The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

34 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Trump said he wished, what could possibly be one of the people behind a potential global ring of pedophiles and rapists, well moving forward.

Thanks for the clarification, I thought it was you wishing her well and that surprised me given the tone and content of most of your posts.  Whew!  

36 minutes ago, skategal said:

Thanks for the clarification, I thought it was you wishing her well and that surprised me given the tone and content of most of your posts.  Whew!  

It was my post, @Warhippy explained it though. 

Trump recently wished Maxwell well in her court case. 

Also, apologises for a bit of the derail, should probably be over in the Trump thread. 

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Oldtimers like me will remember a watershed moment for the NHL vis a vis microphones at ice level:

It was a game with the Flyers and (I think) the Leafs...Bobby Clarke was upset at the officiating and the ice level mics clearly picked him up, calling referee, Bruce Hood a "F***ing queer"....

This was long before HNIC decided to put the delay on Coaches Corner.

I saw that.. hilarious. I was about 5 or so and asked my mom "is he allowed to say that?". My mom cracked up and couldn't finish watching the game she was laughing so hard.

• Cheers 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/9-year-old-girl-becomes-the-youngest-to-die-from-coronavirus-in-florida/ar-BB176TH0?ocid=msedgdhp

A 9-year-old girl in Florida has died from coronavirus complications, becoming the youngest in the state to die from the virus, health officials said.

In their daily reporting of new COVID-19 cases and deaths, the Florida Department of Health said Wednesday that a 9-year-old girl was one of the fatalities, the Miami Herald reported. She lived in Putnam County, in the northeastern part of the state, and officials said that she did not contract COVID-19 from travel or a close contact with the virus, meaning it was likely from community spread.

Putnam County Health Officer Mary Garcia told CNN that she did not know if the girl had any preexisting health conditions.

RELATED: 1,000 Americans Died of Coronavirus on Tuesday, Most Since Early June, as Cases Near 4 Million

In Florida, 28,087 children have contracted COVID-19, 282 have been hospitalized for treatment and five have died as of Wednesday night, the Herald reported. Prior to the 9-year-old’s death, the youngest fatalities were in an 11-year-old boy in Miami-Dade County and an 11-year-old girl in Broward County.

The child’s death comes just after Florida’s Commissioner of the Department of Education issued an executive order requiring all schools to fully reopen in August. In response, the Florida Education Association, the state’s largest teacher union, filed a lawsuit against Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday to put a halt to the “unsafe” reopening of schools.

RELATED: 13-Year-Old California Boy Suddenly Dies After Experiencing COVID-19 Symptoms

DeSantis had incorrectly claimed in April that COVID-19 does not “threaten kids” and that there had not been a “single fatality” nationwide of anyone under 25 years old, though there had already been at least five deaths in that age group at the time.

As of July 9, 241,904 children in the U.S. have contracted COVID-19, and 66 have died, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics’ count of publicly available data.

Nationwide, more than 4 million Americans have contracted COVID-19 and at least 143,100 people have died, according to The New York Times.

4 hours ago, wloutet said:

I was not in favour of Biden, I think he will have trouble in the debate. What Biden offers, is good, slow, reasoned responses. If he surrounds himself with good people and has a good running mate, it may be alright. What Biden is not good at, is quick thinking on his feet. This is the game plan that Trump is now playing, showing commercials about his gaffes, etc., and this is how he will attack him during the debate.

All Biden has to do, at this point, is sit back and poke the bear every once in awhile and cheesepuff will dig his own grave.  Make a sarcastic, snarky comment occasionally and Trump will rant himself out of the oval office.

I do think too much attention is being given to the presidential race, when it's really the Senate that should be the focus.  If they win the Senate and House they can get him out anyway.  And if they can't, he's a lame duck president   

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/9-year-old-girl-becomes-the-youngest-to-die-from-coronavirus-in-florida/ar-BB176TH0?ocid=msedgdhp

A 9-year-old girl in Florida has died from coronavirus complications, becoming the youngest in the state to die from the virus, health officials said.

In their daily reporting of new COVID-19 cases and deaths, the Florida Department of Health said Wednesday that a 9-year-old girl was one of the fatalities, the Miami Herald reported. She lived in Putnam County, in the northeastern part of the state, and officials said that she did not contract COVID-19 from travel or a close contact with the virus, meaning it was likely from community spread.

Putnam County Health Officer Mary Garcia told CNN that she did not know if the girl had any preexisting health conditions.

RELATED: 1,000 Americans Died of Coronavirus on Tuesday, Most Since Early June, as Cases Near 4 Million

In Florida, 28,087 children have contracted COVID-19, 282 have been hospitalized for treatment and five have died as of Wednesday night, the Herald reported. Prior to the 9-year-old’s death, the youngest fatalities were in an 11-year-old boy in Miami-Dade County and an 11-year-old girl in Broward County.

The child’s death comes just after Florida’s Commissioner of the Department of Education issued an executive order requiring all schools to fully reopen in August. In response, the Florida Education Association, the state’s largest teacher union, filed a lawsuit against Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday to put a halt to the “unsafe” reopening of schools.

RELATED: 13-Year-Old California Boy Suddenly Dies After Experiencing COVID-19 Symptoms

DeSantis had incorrectly claimed in April that COVID-19 does not “threaten kids” and that there had not been a “single fatality” nationwide of anyone under 25 years old, though there had already been at least five deaths in that age group at the time.

As of July 9, 241,904 children in the U.S. have contracted COVID-19, and 66 have died, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics’ count of publicly available data.

Nationwide, more than 4 million Americans have contracted COVID-19 and at least 143,100 people have died, according to The New York Times.

Horgan and DR B say schools in BC are safe with no masks, hand sanitizer or barriers installed.

BC is becoming Florida of the north.....

Horgans strong action - just a comment  " you are better than that "

Wow what a leader...... 

Edited by kingofsurrey

https://globalnews.ca/news/7210234/bc-coronavirus-update-july-23/?utm_source=GlobalBC&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1aomUOwMr4m0nUvhR0uxVWpQTvfwpguxkS0OKSMRAwPDvBFZjz9k7fJus&fbclid=IwAR2PdcEzfCP8FnIGRJ8t2rVtoHyc9-7-7tQBdUFcUG22llCGpTydrlym2_I

BREAKING - Dr. Henry says 6 should be the guidance number for social activities. That means stick to 6 for the beach, park or other group activities.

51 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Horgan and DR B say schools in BC are safe with no masks, hand sanitizer or barriers installed.

BC is becoming Florida of the north.....

Horgans strong action - just a comment  " you are better than that "

Wow what a leader...... 

Have you considered changing your  title to The King of Hyperbole,?

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, wloutet said:

Try teaching a class of 30 when half are texting every time your back is turned!  If somebody needs some b**ls then it should be the school board that allows cell phones in the school. Mind you, now that we have COVID-19, cell phones can be used for online learning. Until the teacher's back is turned, and out come the texting and videos and games. Sigh....

I was all over that T-95 calculator jump man game or whatever it was back in the day in math class.

• Cheers 1

Bonnie seemed to take it easy on the drum circle folk. I'd like her to talk a little tougher.

Wonder if she really watched that video?

Btw, being a drummer since I was a young kid...I hate drum circles.. sorry for my snobbery but I can't stand hearing a bunch of amateurs sloppy thumping.  

For me it's like listening to random strangers thinking they sound great singing karaoke. However, I haven't had enough to drink yet so it's not even funny.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I counted 12 on a ski boat at Cultus yesterday :huh:

I took a picture of a packed boat in the river in Steveston the other night..music cranked, hooting and howling.  Don't get me wrong... we had a ski boat and used to like to have fun out there too but a pandemic sort of changes things (or at least should).  And, even at the best of times, we had 6 on the boat at once (Sidewinder).  I mean, you have to have spotters and be on the ball if you're serious about it.

During social distance protocol, maybe have 4 people inside your bubble instead of a dozen tag alongs.  When you own a ski boat, there are never any shortages of "those" friends.  The ones who show up/ski/drink/leave and we're still loading the boat onto the trailer and unpacking stuff into dark and long after they've gone home.

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Bonnie seemed to take it easy on the drum circle folk. I'd like her to talk a little tougher.

Wonder if she really watched that video?

Btw, being a drummer since I was a young kid...I hate drum circles.. sorry for my snobbery but I can't stand hearing a bunch of amateurs sloppy thumping.  

For me it's like listening to random strangers thinking they sound great singing karaoke. However, I haven't had enough to drink yet so it's not even funny.

Me too.

She's provided opportunity for people to tune it in under a nice approach and, at this point, some people just don't care or get it.  It's no secret now in what we all should be doing and it's time for her to up the ante and start being tougher.  Because people with no restraint will always test the limits until they're called out.  See if they can pull one over...especially since they're invincible and all.

And yeah....can we start an opera circle nearby?  Maybe it'll drive them out.   How about a sax circle...I'm in.  Never played before in my life.

• Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too.

She's provided opportunity for people to tune it in under a nice approach.  It's no secret now in what we all should be doing and it's time for her to up the ante and start being tougher.  Because people with no restraint will always test the limits until they're called out.  See if they can pull one over...especially since they're invincible and all.

And yeah....can we start an opera circle nearby?  Maybe it'll drive them out.  

I wonder what her threshold is for being harder in her messaging though.  I'm worried it might be higher than we'd like.  Today was a great opportunity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too.

She's provided opportunity for people to tune it in under a nice approach.  It's no secret now in what we all should be doing and it's time for her to up the ante and start being tougher.  Because people with no restraint will always test the limits until they're called out.  See if they can pull one over...especially since they're invincible and all.

And yeah....can we start an opera circle nearby?  Maybe it'll drive them out.  

I was hoping at least Horgan or Dix would become the bad cop and get tougher rules in place while Dr. Henry continues her calm approach.

The one thing that disappointed me was not closing these clubs and bars.  They only adjusted the rules to disallow people from standing up and moving around (which I thought was already disallowed in the first place).  I doubt many patrons would go to a dark poorly ventilated place to stay with their group of 6 and drink quietly at their own table.  Having been to these bars and clubs in my youth, I was there for other reasons most of which would be risky for Viral spread.  Putting in amended rules is one thing.  Enforcement is another.  In restaurants, most people are there to eat so there is less of an incentive to move around and do other things.  Better off closing these places.

She did announce a new order on hotels and vacation properties today which is a good start.  At least this gives the authority to stop crowds from gathering but again, enforcement is key.

30 new infections today.  At least its not 50 right?

• Cheers 1