The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

7 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Le Journal de Québec is the source that NBC Sports quotes, and Le Journal make the assertion in their article.  Le Journal probably has their own sources that they probably didn't put in the spotlight because those sources probably aren't authorized to speak on behalf of the family (or haven't gotten family clearance to speak about it).

Now, whether or not you consider Le Journal a reputable source, that's another matter altogether.  However, I doubt anyone's going to get access to photograph the death certificate of M. Lacroix to submit as evidence...

The article that I read yesterday indicated he had been hospitalized with COVID, recovered enough to be released, then had a heart attack at home in Las Vegas.  

Take from that what you will in terms of whether COVID was the cause.  

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, skategal said:

The article that I read yesterday indicated he had been hospitalized with COVID, recovered enough to be released, then had a heart attack at home in Las Vegas.  

Take from that what you will in terms of whether COVID was the cause.  

I don't think it was a coincidence that he just happened to have a heart attack after having a case of covid severe enough to put him in the hospital. 

Thanks for all the old NW division battles, Mr. Lacroix, RIP.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I've seen it described as being at half time right now in terms of the distance we have yet to go in fighting COVID.  Bit sobering to realize we probably have a long bit ahead with masks, distancing etc.  However, I think the stress level will decrease if we can reduce the rate of infections, hospitalizations and deaths.  I know for me personally the last couple of months of watching our infection rates jumping has been rather tough.  As @debluvscanucks says, Hang on, we'll get there.  

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Have you looked at a world map to figure out the biggest difference between the nation of New Zealand and the province of B.C.?

Let's compare New Zealand to Vancouver Island. They "lifted the draw bridge" we sort of half did for a little bit. It is neat to see the New Zealand rugby and Haka before packed stands again. Soon, we might have the Canucks before packed stands again. Now, I would like the Canucks do a Haka before the game!

16 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Pierre Lacroix, Former Avalanche GM Dies

Lacroix 72 died in Las Vegas on Sunday due to COVID-19 complications.

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/12/13...gm-dies-at-72/

I just couldn't believe it when I saw the news. RIP Pierre Lacroix. My condolences to his family, his friends and to the Colorado Avalanche.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Have you looked at a world map to figure out the biggest difference between the nation of New Zealand and the province of B.C.?

Another difference is NZ had a pro mask government and  BC has. a government that stalled on supporting masks( mandatory masks ) for 9 months.

NZ was pro science... BC  used the pandemic for political opportunity... - re-election.

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Here comes COVID-20...

Bad news.

At  over 1,000 cases it is unlikely to be a mistake in diagnosis.

Time to inventory my food on hand and re stock what I'm missing.

May have to completely isolate in the near future.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Neurological impacts even in people with mild symptoms. You still ok with 5,000 infected kids and counting,

Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health@DMCBrainHealth · 24m
DMCBH researcher Dr. Teresa Liu-Ambrose spoke with Global News about her latest research on how #Covid_19 impacts the brain @UBCmedicine @UBC_CogMobLab