The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

In the case of my son he is the dentist. Yes they have always had PPE prior to Covid. Their problem is that their orders for PPE are not coming very quickly at all. Also the quality of the PPE needed has been upped since Covid. It is not a question of being willing to pay or not.  

Well it's understandable that there's been a bit of a supply shortage...no one's really to blame for that.   Just how it is when everyone needs something at the same time.  Look what happened when people hoarded TP...they couldn't make it fast enough!

How has the quality changed?  Not sure how this is a problem related to the powers that be?

I find it pretty funny with my work(film), we’re in a small convenience store with a capacity of 3 people when they’re open because of Covid. Yet while we’re working here 20-30 people are cramming in there and no one seems to care. The double standards are everywhere.

Again...that's an ownership/managerial issue more than anything.  Some seemingly are failing to implement crowd control and protective measures.  It's no secret that most places SHOULD have:  markings on the floor that are adequately spaced apart; limited number of patrons as dictated by space inside; mask policies (if deemed necessary due to inability to social distance...which should be the first priority); acrylic shields in place to protect employees; sanitizer or regular disinfecting of shared surfaces; etc.

I, too, have seen many places that just don't seem to care.  It'll likely come back to bite them in some way, shape or form.  Either they'll have an outbreak associated with their establishment and have to close or people will stop going there based on their lack of protection for customers and workers.  They'd likely be better off doing some things to protect people and, through that, show they care about it all.  

I don't go back to places if I experience a lack of policies in place...too anxiety inducing.

Now back to Sweden

This site shows Sweden with 85,043 current cases, and 581 dead per million pop.

Finland                                           1,291                                   63                                                                     

Norway                                           2,904                                  50                                                 

Canada                                        11,649                                  244     

USA                                            2,549,868                               628             

http://www.covid-19canada.com/

Edited by gurn

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Now back to Sweden

This site shows Sweden with 85,043 current cases, and 581 dead per million pop.

Finland                                           1,291                                   63                                                                     

Norway                                           2,904                                  50                                                 

Canada                                        11,649                                  244     

USA                                            2,549,868                               628             

http://www.covid-19canada.com/

Herd mentality 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Herd mentality 

That so sums up the US and most of the world with the Us leading the way. 
The US is always spouting off about freedom but they are the biggest herd of sheep just waiting to be fleeced I have ever seen. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Herd mentality 

Why don't we just suck it up and be healthy? Let the stupid and the old die and live better in the future?

Let it a be a lesson. I'm fine with dying if I'm not the fittest, I'm also fine dying or struggling if I'm not the whitest, blackist, or richest.

Oh, Forgot we're all greedy. Might as well get what you can before the whole $&!#house goes up in flames.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

To be honest my life would hugely benefit from a shutdown but yet I keep working, surgery after surgery. I don't need to make money off people. I work (actually work ... like lift stuff) for a  living. It's the soft sale people who are starving because no one has bonus bucks to waste on their non-important skills and super important lifestyles (making yourself rich and pretty). yet they cry a river, because they can't be useless anymore. Grow up and plant some soil or build a roof. Otherwise, don't have sex (yet those are people who exactly have sex because they've got time to waste and they don't understand how hard life is) destroying the fabric of life (whilist creating it) because they can't think or work for themselves. 

Frankly, without Covid I would have loved this shift in societal norms. This is the approach I've wanted from society for a  long time.

Is there any sense that this virus created itself in humans in order for us to know what is coming and protect the flock by killing within? I think our own bodies allowed and created the virus so we can beat it.    

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

To be honest my life would hugely benefit from a shutdown but yet I keep working, surgery after surgery. I don't need to make money off people. I work (actually work ... like lift stuff) for a  living. It's the soft sale people who are starving because no one has bonus bucks to waste on their non-important skills and super important lifestyles (making yourself rich and pretty). yet they cry a river, because they can't be useless anymore. Grow up and plant some soil or build a roof. Otherwise, don't have sex (yet those are people who exactly have sex because they've got time to waste and they don't understand how hard life is) destroying the fabric of life (whilist creating it) because they can't think or work for themselves. 

Frankly, without Covid I would have loved this shift in societal norms. This is the approach I've wanted from society for a  long time.

Is there any sense that this virus created itself in humans in order for us to know what is coming and protect the flock by killing within? I think our own bodies allowed and created the virus so we can beat it.    

My recommendation.  Less Vicodine - try aleve - should solve some of your issues.... 

Aleve after hockey seems to do the trick. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Let me guess.....Ritalin supply ran out?

• Cheers 1

https://vancouversun.com/news/covid-19-exposure-alerts-for-five-schools-in-vancouver-coastal-health

Vancouver Coastal Health has added five more to schools to its COVID-19 exposure list, while Fraser Health had added one more to its list.

Exposure notices have been issued for anyone who attended Gladstone Secondary in Vancouver on Sept. 16-18 and Sept. 21-22 , L’École des Navigateurs in Richmond on Sept. 14, Mamquam Elementary in Squamish on Sept. 11 and Sept. 16-18, Signal Hill Elementary in Pemberton on Sept. 21 and Caulfeild Elementary in West Vancouver on Sept. 16, 17, 18, 21 and 23.

42 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Great to see VCH finally being transparent and adding covid exposures to their site.   Parents in VSB must be relieved and now can rely on factual information instead of social medial rumors.  Trust is important if we as a province are going to limit covid exposures in our province. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Vintage 1