The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

14 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

A bunch of selfish, brainless fools.  I mean, the guy interviewed gives you an idea of how much more horsepower than brainpower was present.

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/we-re-going-to-take-over-again-next-year-car-enthusiasts-vow-to-return-to-wasaga-beach-1.5122496

Whatever spins your tires I guess.   But pffffft...please....let's see some muscle cars if we're gonna act all tough and defiant.  

Losers Club spokesman:

image.png

This clown seemed to be enjoying his 15 minutes of fame....

I wonder how he's going to feel about it when total strangers stop him on the street and ask "Hey, aren't you that moron from the car rally video?" <_<

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This clown seemed to be enjoying his 15 minutes of fame....

I wonder how he's going to feel about it when total strangers stop him on the street and ask "Hey, aren't you that moron from the car rally video?" <_<

Probably think it's a step up from "aren't you that moron from that comic book store?"

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Wondering why Japan does such low numbers of   both covid testing and contact tracing ?  Any idea ?

Does Japan only test people VERY sick with covid symptoms... ?

Would Japan have 10 times their published numbers  with more common testing levels ?

Think of the culture. Bow instead of handshake. When government says you don't do something, they don't do it. Japan is very steeped in a tradition of the community whole.

People were wearing masks before Covid. It doesn't surprise me at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

No tourism to speak of in the UK atm.

I was wondering more if southern europe got hit harder in April than northern europe.... due to increase tourism...

Earlier warmer spring weather.... etc. 

More tourism in France /Italy / Spain in March -April than Sweden gets... i am thinking...

Chinese tourists possibly ?

Edited by kingofsurrey

The public health authority for the Montérégie has decided to shut down a Longueuil high school for two weeks after a COVID-19 outbreak spread to seven teachers and 26 students.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/longueuil-high-school-shut-down-as-covid-19-infects-7-teachers-26-students

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Heh, if you don't want to read about Covid... then why you reading a Covid thread..... ? 

Go surf the comic book thread instead.....

Wasn't really complaining.....more like commenting on how prolific and how fast you are on this stuff.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Wasn't really complaining.....more like commenting on how prolific and how fast you are on this stuff.

Have alot of relatives in Quebec.... hearing how bad it is there right now... freaks me out a bit. 

How does DR. B 's safe 6 work for a parent with 2 kids going to lower mainland large highschools ? 

Edited by kingofsurrey

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Respectfully,

There's only so much dismissal of a change in to entire fabric of our nation while people continue to get sick, die or worse become permanently affected before I'll respond.

Finally knowing someone who died from this, sending my kids off to an educational petri dish daily, seeing my business crater only to come here and have someone not even residing here essentially skiff it off with an air of superiority is infuriating.

If people's feelings are hurt, I'm not even remotely sorry.  This is serious.  The scientists and experts agree to a near person it's serious.  I'll give them far more heed than someone telling us otherwise on a hockey forum 

Sorry to hear about your loss, Hippy. I've been lucky as no one I know has perished due to the virus. I do have multiple family members in healthcare though, so I worry about them and my elderly parents quite a lot. My family in healthcare tell me of some harrowing situations they've witnessed, and I believe them. They have no reason to lie to me, and I have no reason not to trust them. 

I have three kids (one in elementary and two in secondary) who I'm also concerned about. I work from home, so I'm as lucky as one can get from that perspective, and I don't take it for granted. 

I hear the argument regarding civil liberties, and I ask myself, what liberty is really at stake? The freedom to not wear a mask? Is that really a serious detriment to personal freedom? Maybe not being able to see a concert or game? Is that really the sign of our freedoms being eroded? Were there a lot of people worried about their civil liberties during the Spanish Flu?

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hear the argument regarding civil liberties, and I ask myself, what liberty is really at stake? The freedom to not wear a mask? Is that really a serious detriment to personal freedom? Maybe not being able to see a concert or game? Is that really the sign of our freedoms being eroded? Were there a lot of people worried about their civil liberties during the Spanish Flu?

I think because we have a relatively free society, there is always an element of the population that is convinced that there is too much government interference, regulation, involvement or however one wants to term it.  They don't believe in vaccines, they believe that info being communicated is untrue, there isn't really a pandemic, if there is one, it's not as bad as we are told, people aren't really dying.  There were similar beliefs during the Spanish flu from what I understand, just a lack of Social Media to spread their beliefs.  I don't get it personally, without Public Health agencies and regulations, we'd all be dying from lead poisoning in our water and paint, disease in our salads, asbestos in our building materials, cancers from various toxins, and yeh, probably higher death rates from COVID just to name a few things that I'm grateful for government regulation to help control.  

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sorry to hear about your loss, Hippy. I've been lucky as no one I know has perished due to the virus. I do have multiple family members in healthcare though, so I worry about them and my elderly parents quite a lot. My family in healthcare tell me of some harrowing situations they've witnessed, and I believe them. They have no reason to lie to me, and I have no reason not to trust them. 

I have three kids (one in elementary and two in secondary) who I'm also concerned about. I work from home, so I'm as lucky as one can get from that perspective, and I don't take it for granted. 

People were locked down in the winter/spring. And in some countries that has started again  This was done without consent and done without any proper debate or discussion.   This is what the deeper liberty at stake issue is and has been raised by some very well respected figures.   And the fact that the OP thinks there is scientific agreement about the seriousness of the virus tells you another thing about 'openness' in our society.