The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

39 minutes ago, stawns said:

the truly sad thing is they have three more months of Trump leading the covid charge. 

Not sure he could do less than he's done to this point.  He'll likely spend the next couple of months fighting the outcome of the Election.  Biden is already getting briefed on current status of COVID, maybe the public health people will just bypass the Donald and start working with Biden and his team once Biden is confirmed as President Elect?  The Donald was threatening to fire Dr. Fauci if he was re-elected....to what end I don't understand but I don't understand much of what comes out of the Donald's mouth.  

I was listening to CBC radio news and they were saying a local proponent of the anti mask/Covid hoax was fined for failing to quarantine after a trip to the US. His reason for traveling to the US was to attend a flat earth convention. 
Truth is stranger than fiction. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Imagine how many covid cases we would have in BC if we tested at a similar rate  as most other Canadian Provinces.......

Dr. B and Horgan really should have supported the use of masks... it could have helped flatten the curve.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-data-sharing-health-workers-phac-holes-1.5788386

Wonder why BC would not want to share their numbers...

"British Columbia appears to have simply refused to continue providing the number of health-care workers being infected by COVID‐19. It has not provided a reason for doing so," says Possamai in his report. 

But provinces aren't legally required to share with the federal government the health data they collect and own.

"All [PHAC] can do is a nice ask," said von Bergmann.

Why wouldn't a province want to work together on such a thing as covid. 

With so many outbreaks in the LMainland. I was surprised to read this comments

"As someone that is very close to what would be considered ground zero for any health care worker with regard to CV-19, I can tell you there is very little anxiety and virtually no infection among them. Whole wards are still empty and waiting for potential patients. Covid contingency resources have started to be spent elsewhere."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-data-sharing-health-workers-phac-holes-1.5788386

Wonder why BC would not want to share their numbers...

"British Columbia appears to have simply refused to continue providing the number of health-care workers being infected by COVID‐19. It has not provided a reason for doing so," says Possamai in his report. 

But provinces aren't legally required to share with the federal government the health data they collect and own.

"All [PHAC] can do is a nice ask," said von Bergmann.

Why wouldn't a province want to work together on such a thing as covid. 

With so many outbreaks in the LMainland. I was surprised to read this comments

"As someone that is very close to what would be considered ground zero for any health care worker with regard to CV-19, I can tell you there is very little anxiety and virtually no infection among them. Whole wards are still empty and waiting for potential patients. Covid contingency resources have started to be spent elsewhere."

Not really surprising...   BC. - LOL 

VANCOUVER -- Even though COVID-19 cases surged in B.C. over the weekend, the province's top doctor says locals won't soon be using a nation-wide app designed to alert Canadians to possible exposure.

During her briefing Monday, Dr. Bonnie Henry said the app would not be an effective tool in B.C.'s fight against the coronavirus until some changes are made. 

B.C. and Alberta are the only two provinces that have not activated the app. Henry did say that people travelling to other provinces could download it, adding "that would be an important thing to do." 

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-alert-app-won-t-be-coming-to-b-c-until-changes-are-made-top-doctor-says-1.5162926

1 hour ago, Toyotasfan said:

The last time BC had a spike in cases was 10-14 days after Thanksgiving, now we are having  record setting cases 10-12 days after our provincial election. 

I wish Bonnie Henry would bring that up.

I think there is a 0% chance  of that happening... LOL 

Edited by kingofsurrey

27 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Dang... 400 cases.  What an achievement.

Put your hands together, rebellious partygoing kids of Vancouver.  <_<

Wear a mask even if our BC govenment ignores science and does not make it mandatory.

Social distance  when possible - outdoor meetings are best

Keep your bubble at 6 people or less unless you are a BC Teacher - then your bubble is 120 people.....

Hand Wash regularly

Stay  calm. Stay safe .  

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Interesting opinion he expresses....and the fact he quotes Sweden is humorous given what they are dealing with.  No second wave?  Not sure what we're seeing across the globe if it isn't a second wave.  

Glad he's not my doctor.  

• Cheers 1