The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

35 minutes ago, HKSR said:

So hearing Horgan, basically just gonna carry on as usual... I'll put down good money we will be 2000 to 3000+ cases per day some time in December.

The economy is taking priority at this point... I'm not sure what else could be the case.

No. He said there would be new orders announced tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, HKSR said:

So hearing Horgan, basically just gonna carry on as usual... I'll put down good money we will be 2000 to 3000+ cases per day some time in December.

The economy is taking priority at this point... I'm not sure what else could be the case.

and calling on the feds to restrict travel, passing the buck. I guess he's banking on people not checking out how well the Maritimes have done on this front :picard: 

this is why I was hoping for a continued minority government, this guy needs to be forced to act. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

No. He said there would be new orders announced tomorrow.

That's not what I heard.  I heard him passing the buck to the feds, and saying "should" this and "should" that.  The tone of his message was clear.  We're gonna just hang on tight, hope for the best the next few months, and wait for that vaccine to come.

• Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's not what I heard.  I heard him passing the buck to the feds, and saying "should" this and "should" that.  The tone of his message was clear.  We're gonna just hang on tight, hope for the best the next few months, and wait for that vaccine to come.

Horgan and Dr. B double down on BC sticking with herd immunity approach....   

Very disturbing to see how our anti science BC government is behaving..

People in Fraser Health are basically giving up on any leadership from DR. B or Horgan....

NY City to move schools online Thursday as it has reached a 3% positivity rate threshold. Fraser Health has a 7 day rolling 9.5% positivity rate currently.   Fraser health is at 9.5% and BC is at 6.6%   Sad day when the US cares more about health and welfare of their kids than BC.
Edited by kingofsurrey

@kingofsurrey- What do you seriously think they should do.... Shut down all schools, close any indoor eating/gathering establishment? Make masks mandatory( i think they should) Fine the heck out of people who don't wear a mask when indoors.

There is no perfect way to solve this, hopefully a vaccine becomes available by spring, but even then thats almost half a year away...

Unfortunately we can't shut most things down and people flat out just don't want to listen regardless of what is being suggested to them. I am in my 30s, wear a mask whenever I go into ANY store now. This is spreading and now we are coming to winter where people are going to be indoors more now than ever thru this process so far.

It is what it is at the end of the day, unfortunately Canada as a whole can't set out the same strict guidelines to everyone when it is specific areas that are the main cause. Putting kids back in school helps parents of course but I think it was the wrong decision, they had all summer to dial in the on line school program. Eventually kids will grow up being educated online anyway...won't be soon but it will happen at some point. I will be dead likely when it happen or won't be having kids when it occurs.

It is sad to see a small handful of establishments make masks a requirement, it should be EVERYWHERE and if you don't like it...order your stuff online!

I really wonder if they should be giving out disposal gloves at stores as well. I mean we touch everything we buy, sure sanitizer might be available at stores....most is watered down and shoots 6ft when you use their provided stuff. I use my own sanitizer but why not hand out disposal gloves at least in all grocery stores

• Wat 1

16 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

@kingofsurrey- What do you seriously think they should do.... Shut down all schools, close any indoor eating/gathering establishment? Make masks mandatory( i think they should) Fine the heck out of people who don't wear a mask when indoors.

Your kitchen in your home catches on fire.....

You want to fight the fire  now with your extinguisher....  Or do you think it is better to let it burn 24 hours and then try to fight the fire with your extinguisher. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Your kitchen in your home catches on fire.....

You want to fight the fire  now with your extinguisher....  Or do you think it is better to let it burn 24 hours and then try to fight the fire with your extinguisher. 

It is a lot more grey than it is black and white unfortunately. Either way you go you aren’t winning.

Shutting down everything isn’t good for everyone(businesses closing, kids not in school, losing jobs/money, falling behind in life)and not having/following good guidelines isn’t safe for anyone cause people are dying. 

Nobody wants to see either. 

Ideally there should be a balance to it but a lot of that responsibility falls/hinges on us civilians to maintain those guidelines so the balance can remain. 

There’s a reason why all the world’s government are pushing “vaccines”(they are really a flu shot but for COVID). This pandemic is a continuous snowball effect of a $&!# storm. 

The longer this lasts the worst off everything is gonna be. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

https://www.us-covid-tracker.com/?time=1mo 

now 14 straight days of more than 100,000 new cases in the U.S.

http://www.covid-19canada.com/

4,417,068 current cases, mortality rate of 2.2% means about 97,000 of them are going to pass away.

Canada 51,307 current cases mortality rate of 3.6% means around 1,847 of them are going to pass away.

The U.S. is approx. 9 times the population of Canada.

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

People in Fraser Health are basically giving up on any leadership from DR. B or Horgan....

NY City to move schools online Thursday as it has reached a 3% positivity rate threshold. Fraser Health has a 7 day rolling 9.5% positivity rate currently.   Fraser health is at 9.5% and BC is at 6.6%   Sad day when the US cares more about health and welfare of their kids than BC.

What does this even mean?  Do the math.  25% of the BC population is in school.   6.6% of that means there is 3 times the cases of Covid then the entire province has reported so far.    

42 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It is a lot more grey than it is black and white unfortunately. Either way you go you aren’t winning.

Shutting down everything isn’t good for everyone(businesses closing, kids not in school, losing jobs/money, falling behind in life)and not having/following good guidelines isn’t safe for anyone cause people are dying. 

Nobody wants to see either. 

Ideally there should be a balance to it but a lot of that responsibility falls/hinges on us civilians to maintain those guidelines so the balance can remain. 

There’s a reason why all the world’s government are pushing “vaccines”(they are really a flu shot but for COVID). This pandemic is a continuous snowball effect of a $&!# storm. 

The longer this lasts the worst off everything is gonna be. 

but we're not shut down yet and the only way we're going to maintain some kind of economy is with mask mandates, travel restrictions, certain parts of the economy shutdown, heavy fines for parties/gatherings etc.  otherwise they're going to have to shut down everything, schools included.  That's what so many who opposes restrictions don't get..........it's to keep some kind of economy going

21 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

So tired of $&!#book. Too bad all of my friends use it otherwise I wouldn't. They suspended my account again for calling some Americans stupid around their handling of this situation. #warontruth

should have just said you wanted to see their heads cutoff and displayed at the Whitehouse.  That appears to be acceptable

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, stawns said:

should have just said you wanted to see their heads cutoff and displayed at the Whitehouse.  That appears to be acceptable

yeah.. it just pisses me off. There's no standard or logic to any of this. Meanwhile you can hurl accusations around like so and so is a child molester. But if I call idiots gathering en masse stupid, well, that's where they're drawing the &^@#ing line apparently. 

Edited by Tortorella's Rant
  • Cheers 1

I don’t know if I’m alone in this or not but I just find it annoying listening to Bonnie Henry’s pressers everyday. Simply because she sounds like a broken record and literally just says the same thing over and over day in and day out. It’s not working.. people aren’t listening so try something new because we’re breaking bad records every single day now. 

Edited by Petey40
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

yeah.. it just pisses me off. There's no standard or logic to any of this. Meanwhile you can hurl accusations around like so and so is a child molester. But if I call idiots gathering en masse stupid, well, that's where they're drawing the &^@#ing line apparently. 

This! I'm beyond done...i'm honest and sometimes very blunt...just telling the truth / calling people out. Yet, i get criticized / judged!! Isn't that directed in the wrong direction? They talk about being kind / educating people, which i generally agree with, but these people don't give an f about being kind / educating. They haven't followed the rules for 8 months and continue to be selfish, entitled and ignorant. So, if they think that approach is going to work with these people (hasn't yet), then they're delusional. 

Also, we come with facts, logic & common sense and all they have is...i don't want to, it's my right, it's a hoax, it's government control and on and on. They won't fight some of the most important issues in this world (out of sight, out of mind), but they'll fight something as fact based, as logical, as common sense, as unselfish & as easy as wearing a mask! That's the hill they're going to die on. REALLY!!! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Petey40 said:

I don’t know if I’m alone in this or not but I just find it annoying listening to Bonnie Henry’s pressers everyday. Simply because she sounds like a broken record and literally just says the same thing over and over day in and day out. It’s not working.. people aren’t listening so try something new because we’re breaking bad records every single day now. 

I watch the first minute for the numbers then turn it off (missed today's....thanks VC).  She says a whole lot of nothing now....it's a waste of time having her up there at this point.  It's almost comical to me...pleading with people?  After months and months of this?  Deaf ears so there's really no point anymore.  She should just get her own talk show at this point.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

This is what I heard. Hopefully these orders they are talking about are meaningful. Although short of a lock down I don’t think there is much that will really put the brakes on this thing. I personally have resorted to just staying home when not working. I have underlying conditions that prevent me from wearing a mask so I just make essential trips and that’s about all. Unfortunately my job has me on the frontline but that’s the sacrifice I make so everyone else can live happily. 

5D678622-6776-4F44-9689-829F0C5EB4FD.jpeg