The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, Canorth said:

Toes and fingers, my brother 

Appreciate the support. Right now there is no indication that Air Canada is contemplating cancelling flights from Mexico City, but who knows what will happen by Tuesday. 

Tell me if I am right on this, Canada has told people to not get tested? How can they track? Hospitalizations?

IMO they have to shut down everything for 42 days and now maybe longer if the story The National ran is true, virus lives for 37 days in humans.

IMO they have to go 3 virus "generations", 14 days each generation, to eliminate this altogether. That allows for each infection to run it's course.

Or

Everyone has to get it within a short period of time, which would kill many people but the amount of time is hugely reduced.

Now why is Canada not wanting to know the extent of the spread. As much as the US was criticized for not enough testing now they have surpassed Canada in tracking the spread and acting to get ahead of this scourge.

Canada is also not doing enough to prevent price gouging at all.

BTW, I am keeping track of "my trail" of infected with something people, of the original 4, that number has now increased that felt "off" for a bit with some getting really ill. NOT ONE TEST, apart from one, the rest were told not to go to the doctor's, hospital and to self isolate, oh and to wash their hands a lot. Only 3 self isolated, the rest have to work to pay the rent and cannot get by on EI insurance or wait to buy food. Too many people living pay check to paycheck to sit around and starve.

Edited by Lazurus

29 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

I wish I had good reason to feel confident about B.C. and Canadian measures in containing this virus. 

But I’m very puzzled as to why they see no reason to test people travelling into this country if they show mild or no symptoms. 

It’s well documented that this virus can be asymptomatic and is still extremely contagious during those times. And you’re putting your trust in the people to isolate themselves after returning from travel. 

IMO most people are stubborn and would react in a selfish way like “I feel fine and have no symptoms so I see no reason to isolate myself” 

Edited by Petey40
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Trump tests NEGATIVE for Covid-19.

White House says US President Trump coronavirus test result was negative

Sat 14 Mar 2020 23:51:51 GMT

A statement from Sean Conley, Trump's doctor.

This is good news if true. Trump in known as a bit of a germaphobe so his caution may have paid off. Wash your hands folks!  

In other news, the wife of Spain's Prime Minister has tested positive. 
Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

https://www.france24.com/en/20200314-coronavirus-in-france-prime-minister-announces-closure-of-cafes-shops-restaurants-and-cinemas

France moving closer to containment measures similar to China because of the high increase in severe cases.

50% of serious or critical cases in France are now patients under the age of 60. 

Smokers and obese people get it bad just like the old do.  

• Cheers 1