The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

You're taking me completely out of context. I've even clarified for you multiple times what I was referring to be leading, yet you continue to say the same thing over and over. I don't ever feel a need to be right, but I don't take it lightly when someone misrepresents something I've said, especially after clarifying so many times. What you're doing is the epitome of bad faith discussion. 

I hope others are reading this and can see engaging with you is pointless.

how is that out of context? :picard:  and there you go again with the definitive statements. I have many good conversions with people here. 

any who, I do agree that this line of discussion if pointless and am happy to stop when you are. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Hes a king. Not a guy. Tiger king. 

I don't block people but obviously EdgarM is the last guy anyone with intelligence should listen to. I just skim his posts to see if he's written something really dumb but I equate him as a five year old meth addict.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

how is that out of context? :picard:  and there you go again with the definitive statements. I have many good conversions with people here. 

any who, I do agree that this line of discussion if pointless and am happy to stop when you are. 

Well, let's try one last time to see if it's pointless or not, and we'll do this by me asking you a question: What do you think I mean by

"My point is that Canada is not one to be the first (the leader) to make such huge policy or world decisions or stands, and I said this in response to criticism someone had about Trudeau not shutting everything down back in January."

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think Jimmy McGill & Jester13 should settle this with a couple beers (when this "virus thing" has been 'dealt with').:)

Or maybe just some virtual beers.... like everyone else is (supposed to be) doing.

• Cheers 1

coronavirus count the last couple of days

1445 confirmed cases

less

905 recovered

58 deceased

results in 482 active cases

b. henry said

around 250 of those are connected to long term care facilities

and 25 are connected to the federal prison in mission

that leaves around 210 confirmed community cases

in the entire province

(this 200 number has been fairly constant the last few days)

our medical authorities have done a very good job

managing the virus issue

we need to not let our guard down

maintain social distancing

hand washing

surface disinfecting

isolate yourself if you have any symptoms at all

but i think we should be allowing a little more freedom and activity

while maintaining all the safe guards

we all know what they are now

and we have shown that we have followed these recommendations fairly closely

we will keep these safeguards in mind constantly

not sure why restaurants that were effectively facilitating distance between tables

cannot resume allowing customers into their establishments

on a limited basis while maintaining all the safe guards

so some of us can get out once in a while

and the restaurants can hire back a few staff

Edited by coastal.view
  • Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

1445 confirmed cases

less

905 recovered

58 deceased

b. henry said

in the entire province

managing the virus issue

hand washing

surface disinfecting

not sure why restaurants that were effectively facilitating distance between tables

Table service would be a real problem.  Hard to keep distance while delivering food.

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

I don't block people but obviously EdgarM is the last guy anyone with intelligence should listen to. I just skim his posts to see if he's written something really dumb but I equate him as a five year old meth addict.

Whoah ,Whoah, not sure why you are so upset, don't care anyway but man you should get some help for that there bud. Its a HOCKEY chat site and you are taking it WAY TOO SERIOUS. Relax..... Take a deep breath...... WOOSAH!! ::D

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Table service would be a real problem.  Hard to keep distance while delivering food.

Along with people handling your food and plates and forks when you could be carrying and then handling multiple other peoples food and utensils and drinks. Just seems like a bad idea overall.

Edited by Petey40

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You and I have a different idea of what "fun" is.

We're talking about a guy who tried to stop the sale of much needed PPE to Canada.....who declared our country a threat to National Security, so he could ignore a free trade agreement made in good faith and impose tariffs on Canadian steel and Aluminum.....who's assassination of an Iranian general led to deaths of dozens of Canadians....who is a denier of anthropogenic Climate Change....in short, an existential threat and not just to Americans....

Yeah...."fun"....<_<

Haven’t forgotten your explanation to @kushman. Found this keychain. Just give it a squeeze and out it comes.

F00F4150-A067-45DC-95B7-6011CCBA9DB3.jpeg

E48143AF-87D6-451B-8F2B-8F8A7D71A8FD.jpeg

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

1445 confirmed cases

less

905 recovered

58 deceased

b. henry said

in the entire province

managing the virus issue

hand washing

surface disinfecting

I might be mistaken, but I've been under the impression that the numbers of infected that are reported are only those people tested?  Many people who have had COVID-19 have not been tested to confirm, merely sent home to recover on their own after being advised that if symptoms worsen to go to hospital?  

I don't think it's time to relax the "stay home" edict.  I'm heartened by the flattening of the "hospitalized" numbers as I think that's a better measure of how we are doing relative to spread of the disease.  My guess (completely uneducated) is that if we maintain that rate over the next couple of weeks we will start to see some relaxing of the quarantine measures, but not sure what bits will be relaxed first.  Perhaps hair salons and personal service businesses so that we can all be trimmed and painted before being seen regularly in public again? 

On 4/10/2020 at 9:20 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

sounds like that may be off again. We just have to wait for the actual delivery announcements if they do show up. 

We happen to be a materials supplier to the US for much of their PPE needs. Should be cut them off, just in case we need it too? stop our medical staff from working in the US? or just use common sense and allow our integrated systems to do what they do best and help all of us?

It also seems that Trump doesn't really have a clue how to leverage the DPA (https://www.politico.com/news/agenda/2020/04/09/trump-defense-production-act-175920)

With a financial crisis looming, there is no reason for Canada to stop exporting raw materials. If it was a case that we were running short of those materials because we needed them for our own supplies then yes, we should. Its great to be helpful but at the end of the day, this government has to be mindful of its citizens/ tax payers and must do everything it can to keep us safe.

On a side note, Alberta is stepping up to help other provinces with PPE

https://nationalpost.com/news/alberta-to-donate-ppe-ventilators-to-other-provinces-amid-hopeful-covid-19-trends/wcm/b4d55be1-933b-43a7-b16a-bdfe771a2cb4

• Cheers 1