The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This saddens me. As much as I get tired of the whinging coming from Alberta and how much I'm enjoying cheaper gas, this is extremely detrimental to the country at large.

It actually amazes me that the US hasn't called out the Saudis on this. KSA needs the USA far more than the other way around....

i agree in principle

in practice though, i think i might feel a bit differently

should i get the call

to come to my local station 2x a week

so they can fill my tank

and give me $20 for my trouble

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Anyone here know of anyone personally that has contracted POSITIVELY the Covid 19 virus?

Yes my cousin has it, she's a dental assistant.  No word on how she is doing though I probably would've heard by now if it was getting worse.  

44 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Anyone here know of anyone personally that has contracted POSITIVELY the Covid 19 virus?

Me...directly no.

My wife however...YES.  I posted about this in this thread a few weeks back.

My wife is a manager.  One of her employees in the office was positively diagnosed for Covid-19 (mid March I believe).  My wife had to call her staff to not go into work.  The few people that the employee came in contact with were told to self-monitor and self-isolate if required.  She had to call building maintenance to have the entire floor of the building sanitized the next morning.  She had to personally witness the sanitizing.  Staff were also told not to come in the next following day while management proceeded to devise a suitable plan that safeguarded all their employees.  They instituted a reduced hours scheduling while adhering to the social distancing guidelines and procured additional laptops (with more laptops on the way) for staff to work from home.  I will tell you that my wife worked extremely long hours at the office and at home (6am - midnight) as she was basically doing her entire staff job by herself for several weeks.  Only now...this week...has my wife not had to work until midnight.  So thankfully some normalcy is returning.

• Like 2

Dr. Bonnie is clarifying the "no gatherings of more than 50 people" - the 50 people is ONLY with the guidelines in place.  So you have to be able to apply the social distancing and it's not ok to gather in close quarters or ignore that part.

I'd prefer they just keep it to no private gatherings of more than 10 people.  People who have groups of 50 come together generally aren't planning on spacing them out (if it's for a party or private deal).  Maybe for a show where seats are set apart outdoors but in a backyard I doubt this is being enforced.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Didn't Jesus warn of false prophets?

Especially ones that need private jets, mansions, etc.? 

Saw this posted elsewhere:

Bible Thumper to Jeebus: “I thought you were the answer, the vaccine, the cure. My faith didn’t save me”.

Jeebus to Bible Thumper: “I sent many messages to shelter in place, most people listened”.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I will say this, the GOP governors that are opening up their states (some, not even two weeks in the shutdown) that see virus rates shoot way up will have only themselves to blame.  Not Donnie.  

Yes, that was Trump's strategy. He knew that the Governor's were in charge of their states, not him. But he had been saying "I'll make the call, it's up to me!" (or words to that effect). I think that somebody pointed out to him that if he let the Governor's decide, then he couldn't be blamed. The next day he relented. Now, if it backfire's it is their fault. Q.E.D.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Yes, that was Trump's strategy. He knew that the Governor's were in charge of their states, not him. But he had been saying "I'll make the call, it's up to me!" (or words to that effect). I think that somebody pointed out to him that if he let the Governor's decide, then he couldn't be blamed. The next day he relented. Now, if it backfire's it is their fault. Q.E.D.

With so many essential seats up for grabs in November it's entirely possible Trump's actions and that of the GOP brass give the Dems an almighty super majority

• Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not really cancelled then..... now will be a Celebration of Darkness.

Should be way more relaxing now..... and better for ugly guys like me taking dates to the show.  We look better in the dark...

• Haha 2