The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

With new covid testing data coming out of the USA.

Showing 40 times as many people have had covid and recovered... compared to actually those tested positive...

Where does that leave us with this virus. Clearly it is easily transmited and most easily transmitted before it even shows any symptoms on the person.

Where does this new info leave us.  There must be so MUCH more of this virus in our communities than we are all aware of......

We have flattened the curve... but i am thinking the curve will keep chugging along on its flat trajectory.....

Where does leave our business community with this virus clearly not going to disappear and even more likely another way to hit us as soon as we reopen business.

Sorry for my rant.  Tough day today like i posted earlier in the thread. S...it. got real for me today.  Thinking of my basque friend today that taught me how to play the Spanish court game -  Pelota .. hoping he can keep battling and pull through.

Try not to get caught in the swirling thought of it all...try to just take it as it comes, KOS.   Take time to do something good for yourself, something you like that will distract you.  You have to be strong for your friend so focus there.  It's easy to unravel with all this uncertainty that's really unprecedented.  But we'll be ok...just keep at it, one foot in front of the other.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

And this is why making important materials should not be outsourced.

Hopefully we have all learned our lesson.

Trudeau: Canadian planes sent to China to pick up medical supplies returned empty

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/21/trudeau-canadian-planes-sent-to-china-to-pick-up-medical-supplies-returned-empty-198794

Maybe , just maybe we should not have detained Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou

Politics is a dirty business

Maybe, if you have so much supplies to give, and its your friend and your enemy

you give it to your friend!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

So Florida opens up the beaches and reportedly has 1,400 new cases overnight?   Don't have a source to confirm but, if true, it shows why things have to stay as is for awhile.

That also means that these cases were cases at least two weeks ago, which means that there was not nearly enough testing, nor did they have the foresight to realize that their numbers were already growing exponentially prior to opening up beaches, which will just exacerbate their infection rate and death rate. Good job Florida! You are still the, and now extra infected, dicks of America. And no amount topical ointment is gonna remedy you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

And this is why making important materials should not be outsourced.

Hopefully we have all learned our lesson.

Trudeau: Canadian planes sent to China to pick up medical supplies returned empty

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/21/trudeau-canadian-planes-sent-to-china-to-pick-up-medical-supplies-returned-empty-198794

The government here gives a lot of tax concessions to the farming industry. IMO there should be similar tax breaks for manufacturers of health care supplies and equipment, medicines and vaccines, etc.

The Country should not be at the mercy of foreign suppliers. We need to be more self reliant. What’s happening in the supply chain only proves that. 

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Almost forgot about Barr. Thought he outlived his usefulness to the regime.

Oh he’s been working behind the scene. It is no mistake that Trump declared “total authority” and then proceeded to say to the reporter “were going to write papers about it”

Sure you will bud. Sure you will.

Barr should’ve recused himself when the Muller report came out and he did his three page review like a high school slacker who didn’t read the book.

Another candidate for prison bench warming.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

There’s always the obligatory bleach blonde in these pics of freeedom lovers.

What’s with that anyway?

I assumed they were freedom protesters as well...

...but after watching the video, it shows they're actually fighting for mail-in voting in the coming elections.  I guess there was positive Covid19 tests at some voting stations, so now people are protesting for the 2020 election to be by mail for safety reasons.  I can support this.

• Thanks 1

Going to work feels a bit scary initially, but not so bad these days. Number of cases are decreasing in NYC. 

Stopped taking the subways to work, it's a cesspool. Probably caught something on there in March, then I was in home isolation for 4 wks. 

IMG_20200408_072533.jpg

IMG_20200408_072531.jpg

IMG_20200305_080519.jpg

IMG_20200422_044605.jpg

IMG-20200408-WA0020.jpg

IMG_20200421_101150.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Here’s another instance three days ago of Trump hijacking yet another Covid-19 press conference to berate yet another female reporter.

Unfortunately Pulitzer Award winning Maggie Haberman was not in the room to defend herself from this vile creature.

Another precious Covid-19 conference wasted.

Tough guy.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, x00x said:

with the usa opening everything up, i really hope canada doesnt allow any us citizens to cross the border and infect everyone since they rather get infected than stay home and be safe...doing protests and stuff is idiotic

I suspect there will be a few protests from America’s best on the border protesting their “freedom”.

• Cheers 1

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.dublinlive.ie/news/health/coronavirus-symptoms-signs-ireland-latest-18129165.amp

Oh good. It has mutated again. 

Basically the link says that symptoms are being missed in nursing homes. Elderly are experiencing things like loss of appetite, confusion, lethargy and dying suddenly. 

Edited by MystifyNCrucify
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Going to work feels a bit scary initially, but not so bad these days. Number of cases are decreasing in NYC. 

Stopped taking the subways to work, it's a cesspool. Probably caught something on there in March, then I was in home isolation for 4 wks. 

IMG_20200408_072533.jpg

IMG_20200408_072531.jpg

IMG_20200305_080519.jpg

IMG_20200422_044605.jpg

IMG-20200408-WA0020.jpg

IMG_20200421_101150.jpg

It’s no different here in Vancouver. Signs everywhere reminding me to practice common sense. It’s like living in a totalitarian dystopia.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

The Vietnam War cost the United-States 58,220 lives.

73324209-87E6-4171-8A35-BB35EBA9C14E.jpeg

Meh.  Orange man’s base didn’t care when he mocked McCain’s Vietnam war experience.  The same Bone Spurs who got daddy to get him a deferment.  He’ll just blame it on the guy from a Kenya and they’ll believe it.

• Haha 1