The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

12 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Yes that is important to keep in mind. It could have been worse... and may well be in Phase2 if people become lax.

I may speak from a place of frustration here sometimes but I abide by the all recommendations for BC. I haven't seen my grandparents for many months since this pandemic and one of them died from cancer during this time. 2020 freakin sucks.

I hear you.  My wife and I do everything according to the PHA recommendations... and we live on the island where there is zero known active cases. 

The moment we, as a collective society, let up from the progress we have made is when the 2nd wave will hit us.  Likely worse than before.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I hear you.  My wife and I do everything according to the PHA recommendations... and we live on the island where there is zero known active cases. 

The moment we, as a collective society, let up from the progress we have made is when the 2nd wave will hit us.  Likely worse than before.

Toronto. Went for a walk to Best Buy downtown. An accumulated list of a few needed products.

Decided to count who had masks and who didn’t.

I counted 465 people walking toward me. I did not bother with the other side of the street, or people who were behind me. 292 did not wear a mask. 173 had a mask on.

About 63% of people are not wearing masks. 

Down from an estimate of 90-95% three weeks ago, now, 37% wear masks.

(edit) obviously the numbers were corrected lol

Edited by Me_
  • Wat 1

30 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Yes that is important to keep in mind. It could have been worse... and may well be in Phase2 if people become lax.

I may speak from a place of frustration here sometimes but I abide by the all recommendations for BC. I haven't seen my grandparents for many months since this pandemic and one of them died from cancer during this time. 2020 freakin sucks.

I'm really sorry to hear about your Grandparent...it's horrible to be kept apart during times when we really need to be together.

My sincere condolences.

25 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Toronto. Went for a walk to Best Buy downtown. An accumulated list of a few needed products.

I counted 465 people walking toward me. I did not bother with the other side of the street, or people who were behind me. 362 did not wear a mask. 292 had a mask on.

Down from an estimate on 90-95% three weeks ago, now, 37% wear masks.

math

your numbers do not add up

where did the other people come from

that you added in but did not count as walking towards you ?

(adding in people you saw on tv attending the trump rally is unfair :P)

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, gurn said:

could be a touch of dyslexia, as the individual numbers in the total are fine, just in bad order

Yes, or it might be what I suffer from sometime, that's typelexia. The word I had most trouble typing was "results", where I got the "ul" reversed to "lu". I didn't go over so well on a report card when I was trying to say, "You're daughter could have better results if....." and, I reversed it. Sigh....  My last trip, so far, to the Principal's office!

Edited by wloutet
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Lost my grandma on May 31. Knew it was coming but didn’t make it any easier. I managed to get one socially distanced visit on Mother’s Day when she was out of hospital but it sucked nonetheless. Just a really helpless feeling. 

I think the worst part of the covid crisis is that the very elderly that only have a short time left with family.... can be stuck in care with no visitors...

This is so brutal for them and their loved ones.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I counted 465 people walking toward me. I did not bother with the other side of the street, or people who were behind me. 292 did not wear a mask. 173 had a mask on.

Down from an estimate of 90-95% three weeks ago, now, 37% wear masks.

(edit) obviously the numbers were corrected lol

Could've just took a pic inside a grocery store - to me that's the ultimate barometer.  How many people are covering up inside when social distancing cannot be guaranteed?  I went to Save-on last night(BC) and I say 33% had a mask on.  I noticed a lot of people think we're in the clear and that's simply not the case.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Could've just took a pic inside a grocery store - to me that's the ultimate barometer.  How many people are covering up inside when social distancing cannot be guaranteed?  I went to Save-on last night(BC) and I say 33% had a mask on.  I noticed a lot of people think we're in the clear and that's simply not the case.

Yeah... same. 
Second wave is gonna hit hard.

18 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Yes, or it might be what I suffer from sometime, that's typelexia. The word I had most trouble typing was "results", where I got the "ul" reversed to "lu". I didn't go over so well on a report card when I was trying to say, "You're daughter could have better results if....." and, I reversed it. Sigh....  My last trip, so far, to the Principal's office!

I taught in a program where I printed out a certificate for every course they finished while in the program.  I was horrified to find out for lord knows how long I had been handing out Certificates of "Competion"... ...the irony in the typo was not lost on me.

• Cheers 1