The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, The Lock said:

So then you're just going to sit there and do nothing after all that?

Sad.

You have zero clue as to who i have called / contacted.  Yet you assume you do.

Frightening, but since you don't appreciate discussion..... not really surprising.....

8 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You have zero clue as to who i have called / contacted.  Yet you assume you do.

Frightening, but since you don't appreciate discussion..... not really surprising.....

If you have called them then you could just say something. Otherwise, I have every reason to assume you've done nothing.

So then tell me. Have you tried to do something about it?

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Lock said:

If you have called them then you could just say something. Otherwise, I have every reason to assume you've done nothing.

So then tell me. Have you tried to do something about it?

e28dffa3c5396b5064779e3f589cf255.png

7 minutes ago, spur1 said:

I don’t think it matters if he assumed or not as it seems like you do a great job of it all on your own. 

Please try to post about Covid in this thread.   It is better when posters actually try to stay on topic.  

PS - Seems like there was 16  new Covid cases in BC. today.

I wonder if weekend testing numbers are less ... seems like low numbers on weekends.  I read that this is what also happens in the UK.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

The EU is considering a ban on Americans:

https://www.businessinsider.com/europe-travel-ban-americans-coronavirus-2020-6

The European Union is planning to reopen its borders on July 1, allowing some travelers in for the first time since the closure as the coronavirus pandemic worsened in March.

However, Americans might not be welcome.

The EU is considering barring Americans from entering the bloc because the United States has not adequately controlled the spread of COVID-19, The New York Times reported on Tuesday, citing draft lists of travelers who would be allowed.

Travelers from Russia and Brazil would also be blocked from entering EU countries under the lists, according to The Times.

The move would be a major blow to America's prestige and world image, despite the Trump administration's claims that the US's outbreak is under control. The US has had more than 2.3 million coronavirus cases and 120,000 deaths, more than any other country.

In early March, the Trump administration barred travel to the US from much of Europe, citing outbreaks in northern Italy, Germany, and elsewhere in the European Union. The prohibition has not been lifted, even as Europe has largely contained its outbreaks.

The European border closure, which came later in March, applied to visitors from most countries outside the bloc, not specifically Americans. However, the new ban, expected to be announced before July 1, calls out several countries that have handled outbreaks poorly and seen increases in cases.

Countries identified as safe on the draft lists were selected based on several objective criteria, according to The Times. The primary benchmark is the EU's average number of new infections per 100,000 people over the past two weeks. For the EU, that number is 16. For the US, it's 107, The Times said.

Strange.....somehow the EU hasn't heard what a "fantastic" job the Trump administration has done on Covid19.....:unsure:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The EU is considering a ban on Americans:

https://www.businessinsider.com/europe-travel-ban-americans-coronavirus-2020-6

Strange.....somehow the EU hasn't heard what a "fantastic" job the Trump administration has done on Covid19.....:unsure:

The curve speaks for itself.  Time to build a wall around the US. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, gurn said:

How is it going during your day to day @stawns?

Getting a lot of kids back or still about 10-20 %?

At the most, we had about 15% of our students come back, but we have other schools that were 50-60%.  Ive been covering essential workers kids, which is a grand total of three.

I think we did a good job and kids were very good in my school, even the young ones, at distancing, sanitizing etc.  I have heard there's been issues at other schools with keeping them apart, adults hugging kids etc, but I haven't seen that personally.

No masks, but not much crossing with other adults, so I don't think it's too unsafe.  All in all I feel ok.  That said, I'm not sure how it's going to look with 15 kids in a classroom come September........that's going to be crowded and dicey.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I think we did a good job and kids were very good in my school, even the young ones, at distancing, sanitizing etc.  I have heard there's been issues at other schools with keeping them apart, adults hugging kids etc, but I haven't seen that personally.

No masks, but not much crossing with other adults, so I don't think it's too unsafe.  All in all I feel ok.  That said, I'm not sure how it's going to look with 15 kids in a classroom come September........that's going to be crowded and dicey.

2  questions for you Stawns

What happens to a kid that self reports he/she is sick...

Do they need to show the school a negaive covid test print out  before they are allowed to return...?  If no report, come back in 14 calendar days...

Can they simply return the next day wit no covid test if they say they  feel better ?

Edited by kingofsurrey