The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nikita Kucherov out for the season

Rate this topic

This fixes Tampa's cap problem temporarily, but it's still a tough loss. I'm all for pointing out things that seem suspicious, but I can't see Kucherov willingly missing a season if he doesn't absolutely have to. He's arguably Tampa's best player too, they've got the depth to be fine but that's still a big hit. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Conspiracy theory aside, I dont think the league's leading scorer for the past few years will willingly take a year off just to help his team cheat cap and put a dent in his legacy/waste 1 of his prime years of more production. 

Edited by Drakrami
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Not really convenient for Kucherov...

Faking surgery? That would be a next level cover up that would put Hossa’s skin condition to shame.

Never underestimate how sneaky & devious a Russian can be. Faking surgery is child's play...they literally learn to do that in preschool

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Qwags said:

On the one hand, seems like a convenient way to circumvent the cap. On the other hand, I doubt this is a fair trade off. Kucherov is stll the Lightning's MVP imo, not exactly easy to replace.

on one hand it seems convenient cap wise

on the other, he is signed for 6 more years

Maybe, just maybe this is the best course of action to protect their best asset

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Never underestimate how sneaky & devious a Russian can be. Faking surgery is child's play...they literally learn to do that in preschool

haha

We'll haff to keep a klose eye on the KHL 

Maybe Dynamo will be dressing  a new rookie

Chiquita Neutromov

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Not really convenient for Kucherov...

Faking surgery? That would be a next level cover up that would put Hossa’s skin condition to shame.

Yeah sucks for Kucherov. But, as long as they get him back for the playoffs, things kind of work out for the Lightning. 

10 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

hfboards.com neutral members are livid that Tampa is doing this.  this injury is suspicious as hell, and the NHL should look into this bull $&!#.  Khucherov as I remember looked as healthy as hell, and for him to suddenly not be part of the season is absolute horse $&!#. 

Going to be impossible for them to force him to USA from Russia with covid going on.  NHL will probably just bend over and let it happen as usual for the sunbelt teams.

Cool plan.   Stamkos in, Kucherov fresh for the playoffs ha ha.  Like TB needs anymore help keeping that elite level of players together .... wonder if they will let all that cap into the playoffs like they did last year ... or if they will be forced to use a slim bench .. or make a trade once they are both healthy 

Edited by IBatch

Per S. Clark in the Athletic, Tampa learned about the injury on 3 December.  They tried rehab including cortisone shots hoping he’ll be ready for the season but the protocol was not working and he kept on battling pain so they resorted to surgery. 

20 hours ago, aGENT said:

Until he isn't again :lol:

Breaking news: Stamkos is injured a month in and out for the season.

Also breaking: Kucherov has had a miraculous recovery and is ready to play a month after surgery.

:ph34r:

Edited by elvis15
  • Haha 2