The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Travis Hamonic

Absolute bargain of a contract and his skillset fits our group like a glove.  Should fit in very well with our group given his devotion to his family and charity work; he's definitely a character guy.  He'll be a fan favourite here with everyone who appreciates a solid shutdown guy.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

We signed the Lames best pker last season at a price cheaper than Stecher. 

He's also played more EV TOI the last 3 years than Tanev. With Schmidt & Myers that'll be cut a bit - which should be beneficial to Hamonic.

Basically he has to split a #4 role with Myers. Essentially making them both #4/5 Dmen. Its really a wonderful fit for both sides. 

And hey; we got $$$ coming off the books, he wants to play in this region, and the cap isn't going up (meaning his market-value won't skyrocket) - if it works out great here I could see potential for another contract. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He's also played more EV TOI the last 3 years than Tanev. With Schmidt & Myers that'll be cut a bit - which should be beneficial to Hamonic.

Basically he has to split a #4 role with Myers. Essentially making them both #4/5 Dmen. Its really a wonderful fit for both sides. 

And hey; we got $$$ coming off the books, he wants to play in this region, and the cap isn't going up (meaning his market-value won't skyrocket) - if it works out great here I could see potential for another contract. 

Would love to see him mentor Woo, who I'm looking forward to seeing in the lineup.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Ehrhoff - Hughes

Edler - Edler

Hamhuis - Schmidt

Bieksa - Hamonic

Salo - Juolevi

Ballard - Myers

I think VAN is close...,if not already there

I actually think Hughes will provide more offense then Ehrhoff and Myers is a much bigger physical deterrent on the back end.

Myers would have been "nice to have" in the Boston series. 

Edited by EdgarM

22 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't like this signing.  You may disagree with me, but GMJB should not have signed him for anything more than $1,249,999 per year.

I hear ya. After hearing the rumoured salary was going to be just over a million, with the top of the range reported at $1.2M, that extra 50k is a deal breaker and screams poor management. ;) 

In all seriousness, though, while we knew we’d be getting a bargain in Hamonic, it’s still amazing to get a guy who’s averaged over 22 minutes a game for his career, and never averaged less than 20 minutes per game in a season, with ten years experience, and 30 years old, for a mere $1.25 million.

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Ehrhoff  <  Hughes

Edler >  Edler

Hamhuis  < Schmidt

Bieksa > Hamonic

Salo > Juolevi

Ballard < Myers

I think VAN is close...,if not already there

Close enough that the argument can be made first time in many years.

• Cheers 1