The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

I think the issue is the mindset is so fragile.  Marky stops them from getting a lead in the 1st.  As soon as Calgary gets one in the 2nd the team gives up.

This is why people question the coaching. 

For example, when people ask why not take a timeout it is the mental aspect of the game they are questioning. Special teams, readiness to play, physicality, imposing their will.  These are all issues that go to the mindset that the team has.  Coaching is a big part of that.

The only people who think Green is a great coach are the eastern media. Some fans here defend Green but very few actually think he is a great coach.  More like ok.

To me he has been ok to this point but the team is getting more full of talent and needs someone who knows how to set a tone for the team's mindset going forward. It is early and I believe we need to be patient with this team but I am not sure Green is the guy to win a cup. Not tough enough.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

Now i wonder if the reason Green hasn't been re-signed yet is because of internal cap or the fact that management isn't confident he will be the coach to take this team to the next level. 

Gerard Gallant - Wikipedia

This guy is available.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

The sooner we get rid of Rousell, Beagle, Sutter and Eriksson the sooner we can move on. These guys are plugging up the system with their $&!#e play and garbage contracts 

There just the symptom of a bigger problem, that’s on going, ala Motte.  Face it, for all the credit Benning gets for drafting, his free agent signings are eclipsing them them.  The scary part, massive contracts are about to be handed out to Pettersen & Hughes, which could put us in the same predicament as the Oilers.  I love Pettersen, but he is no McDavid or Leon, but I bet you he’ll get close to the same money if Benning and his stringless purse does the negotiating.

• Wat 1

8 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Okay good. Thought I really put my foot in my mouth for a minute. But in all fairness I do it fairly often. ::D

Many of us tease her about it , I picture her rolling her eyes and shaking her head every time :bigblush:

• Cheers 1