The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 minutes ago, Green Building said:

We are both of us dealing with only what we see on the ice and have zero inside info as to how Pete chats with Green regarding his current headspace. That affects how a coach would react, and I'm supposing that he's bummed about not producing and just needs his confidence back, which I'm also supposing doesn't come from benching. 

You're free to offer your own analysis on why less ice time would help. 

Because if the standard applies to one, it applies to all.  I was a long time coach and I'm a long time teacher and if I know one thing that demoralizes a group of individuals it's a sliding standard.

11 minutes ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

It was a barely slash and it didn’t affect his play.. it should only be called if the slash affected the play like if he couldn’t clear the puck... 

A year or two ago? somebody lost the tip of their finger to a rather weak slash. The nhl has been on high alert for it ever since.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Because if the standard applies to one, it applies to all.  I was a long time coach and I'm a long time teacher and if I know one thing that demoralizes a group of individuals it's a sliding standard.

That would apply if effort wasn’t there, Petey’s struggles aren't a lack of effort. 

Nux look better this game so far.

Couple thoughts.  Edler is still very important to our D.  Glad he is back. 

Chemistry is still coming.  New faces tryin to mesh.

We are better than we have played so far this year.  When you have  a bunch of personnel changes then no preseason games you are in tough.  Trial by fire and I feel like they are taking small steps forward.

On the plus side, Ottawa is coming in for three games at just the right time.