The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | January 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, SNP, TSN5, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

Hogs has played well since arriving. He is by far surpassing my expectations. 

He's actually still under my expectations (he's on trajectory to meet mine). The kid still hasn't shown us his hands yet. He has an unreal skillset to be individualistic and I think once we see him feel more confident with his status as a permanent nhl'er I think we will see his true ceiling. 

This kid has even more to offer than what we've seen. When we drafted him I was sooooo pumped. However when we drafted him one of the biggest issues was his game was over handling it, and he's obviously grown as a player and dishes it out quicker but I think once he figures out the balance of playmaking VS creating his own ice we will see another animal. 

This is just the beginning. 

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

I wonder if Schmidt is a different player or is it the system he is playing in that is the cause of his struggle with us ?

I think he’s one of those guys that depends heavily on team chemistry and he’s going to get better and better as he gets comfortable, chirping constantly, and having fun. I think he still feels like the new guy.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Roberts said:

thats what i saw too! how was that not called down??

Watching the linesman it looks like he was washing out the play as not offside because a Sen received the pass and carried it inside his own zone but completely ignored the fact it was high sticked down in the first place  

1 minute ago, Chanmanx007 said:

Same players tho nothing changed, thus its still the best line in western conference which we are paying top dollar for.. whether they are showing up on the scoresheet is a different story.

Sure thing. Paying them top dollar, you say? They aren’t showing up on the scoresheet during this slump so actually they’re not the top line in the western conference at all right now. But good try. 

1 minute ago, jason10009 said:

Myers is a strange cat.  He doesn't quite utilize his size or speed, but prefers to stick handle through the opponents.  But even then his stick handling and passing is mediocre.

Green stickhandles through post game interviews better than Myers stickhandles during a game....

• Haha 2