The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Wilfred said:

I will not credit Allen. He gave up horrendous rebounds the entire game. How many different rebounds just sitting in front of him. Only Roussel actually capitalized.

Rebounds or not, he's stopping plenty of initial shots and either we're not capitalizing or their team is doing their job defensively. If we can't get to those rebounds that's on us. 

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

If we don't take out some frustration on Toronto there's a problem.

Sink or swim in this abbreviated season.  Losing ground fast.

Also:  why do I even love this game?  It's heartbreaking.

You love it because it is a great game and it is damn hard to be a good team.

Canucks need to add some pieces next two years including a better coach.

There is talent here and it will come together in time.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Montreal barely had to break a sweat because they have good two way players that play a strong system.

For the Canucks to overcome their weak systems they have to outwork their opponents by quite a bit.

Not sustainable especially when you’re fatigued from a jam packed schedule.

Yeah thats what i noticed too, they don't even look tired.  and why hasnt there been any bad blood or emotion from our team? MTL and Toffoli spanked us in every game we played yet you dont see scrums. something is off in that locker room. 

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Love ya Bennji,  but u couldn't do the other half of the job. 

Thanks for the prospects,  but there is more to it then that......obviously 

storage oops GIF

And the best and a lot of the lower pick gems were under Brackett's recommendation.

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Of coarse even in a covid year , this team can't inspire us . We have to be one of the worst loser franchises in NHL history.  Ot doesn't even seem possible a team could go this long without winning a cup....but apparently it is 

Winning Bill Hader GIF by Saturday Night Live

You comparing us to Buffalo - whos' had multiple 1st OA picks ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Changes need to be made but I disagree with the fire Benning crowd.  What would be the point right now?

He created a situation that he couldn't sign Toffoli and Tanev this year due to bad contracts.  But that was old news.  I agree  with keeping Demko over Markstrom given the expansion draft..

If he gets fired what then?  I like his drafting. We can benefit from that next two years.

IMO fire Green and reset the team for this year.  Give Benning this year and next to clear the crap contracts and see who we are after that. With an experienced NHL coach.

Absolutely no need to hang onto Green. My guess is Green is let go within 10 games. JB stays for two years to fulfill his drafting destiny. 

But, if JB holds on to Green he does it at his own peril and he might be on the chopping block at that point.

What’s they saying, as a GM, fire one Coach because they are the problem, fire two, your the problem.  As for Benning’s signing to date, that meal is cooked, it’s what further damage he is capable of doing out of desperation I am concerned about.  He has the potential to set this Team back years.