The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Lames | February 17, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

12 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Scum bag Tkapuke isn't anywhere the player Iginla was, or never will be. 

I completely agree.

What I’m alluding to, is some games Iginla was quiet, until someone hit him, then he woke up and played hard. With scum bag, if you take the bait, he wakes up and pesters even worse. With both players, if you ignore, they seem less effective.

I still want Bo to crush his face though.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

29 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This was pre game....I missed it.  He's going to be a beast for us...I feel it.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/pregame--juolevi-at-flames/t-277437438/c-7548054?q=juolevi

This was my takeaway from the game that even though there was lots of good stuff going on I most appreciated the steady work of OJ. Steady is the word, and as he gains confidence he will grow. Perhaps an Edler type? He doesn’t seem to be a massive ego but I did like that flicker of a smile as he recalled the big check on Tkachuk in the last game. He is definitely looking more like a first rounder. And a keeper!

Not surprised anymore about the predictable knee jerk reactions to the play of LE but, holy crap, there’s too many knee jerk reactions to LE after this game! I’m not suggesting he gets nominated for a Selke but this continual boring take on his play is completely without imagination!

I recall one questionable clearance in the first period and an awkward icing in the  second when he caught his line mates completely unaware but other than that he delivered a solid defensive effort, suppressing chances, positioning and angling and almost always on the right side of the puck.

I get it. Fun to get the digs in. 6 shmillions etc etc

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, zimmy said:

Not surprised anymore about the predictable knee jerk reactions to the play of LE but, holy crap, there’s too many knee jerk reactions to LE after this game! I’m not suggesting he gets nominated for a Selke but this continual boring take on his play is completely without imagination!

I recall one questionable clearance in the first period and an awkward icing in the  second when he caught his line mates completely unaware but other than that he delivered a solid defensive effort, suppressing chances, positioning and angling and almost always on the right side of the puck.

I get it. Fun to get the digs in. 6 shmillions etc etc

I literally watched him at 3:03 left in the third give up and coast on the back check which led to a great scoring chance for Calgary

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

And your prediction held up!   Good job!

Thanks Deb.  I had a good feeling about tonight and the boys came through.  A lot of positives tonight. Schmidt getting of the Schnied, Horvat, Boeser, Hughes. 

And maybe the biggest plus was Holtby playing his best game as a Canuck and setting the friendly challenge bar for Demko to reach.

Just a great night, and a big reset for the team.

PS.  Sorry Tanev and Markey but you guys are now stuck over there. Lol.