The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 23, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I'm always impressed by Cheech's ability to call the play at the time - ie he'll call 'off so and so's skate'....you watch the replay and sure enough, Garrett saw it correctly in real time.  Goaltender's vision.   Surprised he still has that good of vision.

There may be snow on the roof but there's a lot of vitamin a in fries and gravy.

• Haha 1

I thought Roussel was skating pretty good. Other than the one defensive gaff, he's been strong on skates and puck. Darn near had a shorty! And if he was going to take a penalty, at least he did it (for whatever reason) and made the best of it and made them pay for it. Not a dumb one like hooking in the offensive zone.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

These giveaways and lack of communication are still costing us chances against.

Virtanen backing up out of the zone and reaching for the puck is just a bad play.

And I don’t know what Roussel was thinking that period. Nice short handed chance and some good energy but then a boneheaded penalty and a brutal giveaway.

Gotta play smarter!

That play was on Hughes. Ultra soft pass. Even if Virtanen stops up to collect the puck he's gonna get killed into the boards. Chalk it up to a bad pass. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Miller’s been great on the PK.  

While I do think we’re riding our top guys too much I actually like that Green took a grumpy, possibly toxic Miller and just put him to work even more to channel that energy.

I was just thinking to myself while watching that it seems like not happy might be the reason he seems off this year (unfortunately since i loved what he brought last year) 

2 minutes ago, Canucksince99 said:

Man how much do these refs get paid??? It’s a joke. Imagine getting paid to do a job and on a nightly basis they screw up at least 10 times each 

Imagine if they were air traffic controllers or anesthesiologists 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Hard times make strong people.

Strong people make good times.

Good times make soft people.

Soft people make hard times.

Life’s been too good for too long.

Then Rooster punches somebody in the nose and it starts all over again lol.