The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The poultryfication of Jake Virtanen

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

Jake “the Duck” Virtanen?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Oh I honestly think Jake will flourish with new team....20 Goals --- 45 point guy for sure..

Jake just needs new coach and with his natural talent he will flourish just not in Vancouver...Playing with no confidence, he doesn't even use his speed and drive to net anymore..I notice him less.... I am a Jake fan but times run out in Vancouver....

Maybe if new coach he would get fresh start in Vancouver?

That’s what I was hoping for, a new coach then it’s all on him.

• Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

He's really only had one professional coach,  i wonder who could steer him in the right direction, or if he's just uncoachable

Agreed.  Willie doesn't count considering he obviously wasn't an NHL quality coach.  I do think getting Jake away from his crew might provide the necessary wakeup call, but I also hoped the bubble would do that.  He still might develop into a useful player, but I don't think he'll do it here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Agreed.  Willie doesn't count considering he obviously wasn't an NHL quality coach.  I do think getting Jake away from his crew might provide the necessary wakeup call, but I also hoped the bubble would do that.  He still might develop into a useful player, but I don't think he'll do it here.

Maybe he was referring to Willie ;)

I could see Jake finding success elsewhere, but I also think it'd take Jake getting out of his hometown comfort zone to experience the necessary wake up call. Away from his friends, family, haunts. I imagine he'd love Cali, most hockey players seem to. He'd be just another guy down there. 

But yeah, the coaches he's played under don't exactly inspire confidence. 

• Like 1

Ugh... as much as I would like to see Jake traded, I would really it rather be picks and use the cap space.

Maybe if Anaheim took Baertschi as well that makes a difference.  They have lots of LTIR space to absorb it and it would pay off for us in maybe not pushing some ELC bonuses into next year if we can also move Sutter and Pearson in different moves 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1