The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canucks star Todd Bertuzzi arrested for DUI

Rate this topic

cuporbust

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well $&!#. Lucky he didn't hurt someone. No sympathy for this though, he needs to not be let off the hook, there's no excuse. 

This. He should have the book thrown at him like anyone else, it may very well be the wakeup call he needs. Nobody should drink and drive, he could have killed someone.

If he's got demons he's battling he needs to get help, he's got the resources to access help that most people don't possess. 

• Cheers 4

9 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Drunk drivers should never be able to drive again.

One of my dearest childhood friend was killed by a drunk driver a couple of years ago. It still hurts me to this day. Just cannot stand people with no regard for human life.

I agree completely with this. I really don't understand why we are so lenient on this in Canada. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Poor Todd, he's had some real mental demons to deal with after he was painted as a villain for a decade 

It's really not right. 

I know Bert will get it together. Tough not to empathize with him... He was wronged on so many levels :(

He was just following orders and protecting his best friend... Nothing wrong with that. It's a shame the dumb players piled up on top and applied pressure to Steve's neck. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

Baffles me when there are so many options to get home, guys still get behind the wheel. I'm sure Bert could have scrounged up a hundred bucks somewhere to get a ride home. Crappy thing is Bert is one of my all time Nuck favorites.

This. Being rich doesn't protect you from demons, but your wealth is one less barrier to getting help/finding alternatives. Not that being poor gives you an excuse to drink and drive, but his wealth should be used as an aggravating circumstance if this goes to court. 

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Poor Todd, he's had some real mental demons to deal with after he was painted as a villain for a decade 

It's really not right. 

I know Bert will get it together. Tough not to empathize with him... He was wronged on so many levels :(

He was just following orders and protecting his best friend... Nothing wrong with that. It's a shame the dumb players piled up on top and applied pressure to Steve's neck. 

Lol. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, apollo said:

It's really not right. 

Poor Todd, sure. But not in the case, nobody made him get behind the wheel after drinking. Assuming what's been reported is true.

Demons or not, he made a choice and certainly should have known better as a 46 year old man. 

He needs to get help, but at the same time his demons and NHL past don't make him above the law. They may explain his actions to some extent, but they certainly don't excuse drunk driving if that is indeed what he did. 

Edited by Coconuts

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

How about we just wait on more info? Bruce Springsteen’s case was dropped after they realized his blood alcohol level was way too low. Poor guy was demonized and a sponsor even dropped him before this was finally realized. :picard:

That's just not how things are done nowadays. It's judge first, get the facts later. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1