The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

That's a good outlook. 

However

If that trend continues 4w 2l every 6 games, we would be 18-8 to finish the season and end at 62 pts and miss the playoffs. 

I think if anything we need to go 4-1 every 5 games to have a chance. 

That puts us at 66 pts. 

This just shows how hard it will be. 

They absolutely need to sweep OTT 

Winning 4 of every 5 games is a tall order and I know it's unrealistic. I think 2 out of every 3 is already a challenge but doable as long as we play well. But obviously we will need help from the teams we are chasing. That is the unknown factor. We had a brutal schedule early in the season that hurt us badly. From March on, we have a decent schedule. We just need one of Edmonton, Winnipeg, or Montreal to collapse from their exhausting schedule in the last half of the season for us to overtake them. I think it's quite feasible that one of them will collapse. As I said I still see hope for the playoffs.

I didn't watch the game last night and all I know that when I heard that they have had optional practice on Tuesday, I knew that they wouldn't play well the next day.   They lacked a real practice and I do not know who showed up on Tuesday and it has a domino effect.  That one is on coaching staff.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Davathor said:

Which was predicted... I didn't beleive it either, but we took a step back, and luckily the Miller 1st is already paid for. We have Podkolzon coming, few contracts coming off and hopefully a surprise trade or retirement 

Is what it is, I'm just enjoying hockey at this point... hopefully we sneak into 4th and destroy the Leafs but what do you do? 

Your optimism is blinding lol

Glass half full kinda guy.  (earlier convo)

• Huggy Bear 1

8 hours ago, canuktravella said:

hows michaelis doing is he nhl ready or a plug so far  

Looked good for a bottom 6 player honestly. Not sure what that has to do with anything, or why you enjoy hoping for failure of one of our prospects though. 

Edited by canuck73_3

34 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Miller seems to be the only player who gets really pi**ed off with losing. Way more so than the coach and captain. 

He seems to be acting more like a petulant child than a fierce competitor who is unhappy with losing.

• Haha 1

I don't know if it was the worst game of the season (so far)  but it was right up there. I know we're gonna have games that don't go our way - but  last night sure left a lot to be desired.  Lack of effort, lack of movement,  couldn't complete a clean pass, and the list goes on. Surprised by Greens presser - that's as close as I think he has come to calling the team out. I don't think I would have given the team a day off but that's me.

We still need some key pieces - not sure if what we have in the system is going to complete  this roster  Maybe we can get something in return for some of our vets but I am of the opinion - if they aren't good enough for our roster chances are they aren't good enough elsewhere either. I actually thought last year we were streaming in the right direction - this year I think we have a lot more work to do. Yes we have some talent coming in (Pads etc) but we haven't seen them play at  an NHL level.

Onward we go

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Can see the debate either way .... definitely has spirit though and glad he's on the team. 

If he showed that much fire but kept the bad turnovers, bad body language and lazy backchecks to a minimum I would agree with you.

I appreciate that he cares and is frustrated that things aren't going well, just don't know if he's expressing it the right way.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Nothing has changed in 3 years

Nah.   We had a nice run last season - guess you forgot already - getting the kids feet wet and all.   Also added EP, QHs, AG, Hogs, Miller, Myers, OJ etc and said goodbye to Markstrom, Tanev and TT who I ever recall such a love affair by some fans over barely a dozen games (and still couldn't win with him lol)....  

The roster went from the Sedins to the kids in that time too.   But i suppose in some folks minds - a rebuild is supposed to take 3-4 years still.   Over the same time period the only roster i'd consider instead is CAR.   No thx to TO. Top heavy is a curse under the cap.   

It's only one year.   Next season if we can't make the playoffs that's a major failure - LA, ANA, SJ etc should prop up any team - too bad we didn't have ARI as well to beat up on but them's the breaks.   

38 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I didn't watch the game last night and all I know that when I heard that they have had optional practice on Tuesday, I knew that they wouldn't play well the next day.   They lacked a real practice and I do not know who showed up on Tuesday and it has a domino effect.  That one is on coaching staff.  

Practice time is definitely at a premium this year but unfortunately I believe the CBA mandates a certain amount of mandatory days off during this shortened season so the coaches can’t order the players to practice whenever they want to.

43 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Canadiens weren’t lucky last night. They were clearly the better team in every way. 

Sure... but the reality is that the Canucks dominated 3 games in a row until last night... TO x2 and MTL... they were bound to have a flat game with Elias injured.

Also all their fans and even myself were sleeping halfway through the second. Doesn't count ;)

Jokes aside, to dominate 3 of 4 games without Elias is something to be admired. Really like our teams chances to finish strong here. 4th seed and sweep the 1st place leafs round 1? Yes please.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Disappointing game last night but I’m not going to go looking for a bridge to go jump off-even the best don’t win them all. The thing that really sticks in my craw though is how simplistic of a game plan Montreal employed and we didn’t have an answer for it. Despite hanging that loss on the players in the post game presser I think Green and his staff were equally to blame.