The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

38 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Larry Robinison? 

Hell Yes.

But Big Bird won't be cheap and won't sign a 1 year show me deal. 

Bring him and his 10 Stanley Cup rings to Canucks ASAP.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

He'll Yes.

But Big Bird won't be cheap and won't sign a 1 year show me deal. 

Of course. But, he would be someone I'd be totally confident in leading the way and willing to sign him to at least a 3 year deal.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

If Benning thinks delaying a Green firing buys him more time he may be in for a shock when he gets canned first.

It's about the finances.. no butts in seats for a year now.. team losing money so no hirings, firings or extensions until off-season. Off JB gets fired  new GM will want his own coaching staff. 

Seems like Aqua has decided to wait till summer on any big decisions.  

Ian Clark hasn't even been extended yet and he should be the #1 priority. He's very important and should be locked up long term asap.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

They look to me to be far more aggressive in all zones versus our mostly passive approach.  They close fast on the puck carrier and arrive when the puck does versus our approach to coast in and react to what the other guy does.  Basically they force the playa while we react to it. 

They don't use their speed to blow by you , they use it to pressure you and cause mistakes. They swarm and cut off skating and passing lanes. The teams most susceptable are the lackadaisical ones with the puck .... like the Canucks. The Habs have figured out what they need to do to win, much to their credit. I'm still confounded about their decision to change coaches. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, tas said:

if he had wanted to be a head coach at any point over the last 2 decades or so, he would have been. 

he doesn't like the stress. 

He's won 3 Stanley Cups as head coach and assistant coach during that time Plus 1 Cup as Sr Advisor with Blues during that time..

He cited stress when he left the Devils but was asst coach with Sharks for 5 years after that..

He was asst coach in San Jose just 3 seasons ago and works with Blues as Sr Advisor right now.. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

He's won 3 Stanley Cups as head coach and assistant coach during that time Plus 1 Cup as Sr Advisor with Blues during that time..

He cited stress when he left the Devils but was asst coach with Sharks for 5 years after that..

He was asst coach in San Jose just 3 seasons ago and works with Blues as Sr Advisor right now.. 

Whether it happens or not, he is someone I'd seriously consider as a head coach. The guy is a Champ!

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Great idea, Robinson would be a fantastic coach

Realizing we have Green, who's never won anything in the NHL, now makes me kind of sad 

Makes me sadder that before the Green disaster we had to endure the Willie disaster 

2 incompetent ahl coaches 

8 hours ago, IBatch said:

Nah.   We had a nice run last season - guess you forgot already - getting the kids feet wet and all.   Also added EP, QHs, AG, Hogs, Miller, Myers, OJ etc and said goodbye to Markstrom, Tanev and TT who I ever recall such a love affair by some fans over barely a dozen games (and still couldn't win with him lol)....  

The roster went from the Sedins to the kids in that time too.   But i suppose in some folks minds - a rebuild is supposed to take 3-4 years still.   Over the same time period the only roster i'd consider instead is CAR.   No thx to TO. Top heavy is a curse under the cap.   

It's only one year.   Next season if we can't make the playoffs that's a major failure - LA, ANA, SJ etc should prop up any team - too bad we didn't have ARI as well to beat up on but them's the breaks.   

Really.... What seasons have you been watching?  Or are you even watching.... Because if you truly don't believe Markstrom bailed this team out for the last 2 seasons heck 2 and a half seasons actually, but to help them steal wins they had no business winning or just having the ability to stay in games being outshot that much then sorry to say it but you're delusional. It's the same thing that's happening this year, the system relies to heavily on being outshot and having your goalie bail you out, and wait for the other team to make a mistake.

Maybe you forgot last year the games Markstrom stole for the Canucks they had no business winning to even have a chance at a playoff spot last year. Maybe you forgot when Markstrom got hurt last year Canucks were in a playoff spot, Demko came in struggled Canucks fell to a wild card spot but due to being tied they were actually bumped out of the wild card spot into the no playoffs category because they lost the season matchup. Then bam covid hit season stopped, couple months go by Markstrom heals up and bam they get a chance now to make the playoffs if they beat the wild. Interesting you call it a good run, I call it a little lucky, but credit where credits due they were better then the Wild and made it into the playoffs, but good thing Markstrom came back. Now the playoffs imo the Blues series, the Blues looked like they could care less to win that series, they played like they wanted out of the bubble, but hey a wins a win take it, good for the boys getting the feet wet like you say. But Vegas series, that was men playing against boys, that series should of been done in 5, but again because of goaltending Demko this time he stole the Canucks those 2 wins in game 5 and 6 they had no business winning those games. The goaltending has been bailing this team out for the last 3 years because this system sucks aka the coach.

20 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Makes me sadder that before the Green disaster we had to endure the Willie disaster 

2 incompetent ahl coaches 

It's almost like they didn't learn the first time...

I want Gretzky as coach. It would be hilarious and awesome. You can't tell me the young guys wouldn't play their asses off for him. Prob teach Hog how to set up in the office too

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

hes just not that good  hes no hoglander actually hes not even on macewen level hopefully hes in utica soon unless u wanna dress plugs in bottom six

Not sure why you’re expecting a bottom 6 forward to be Höglander. That is your first problem. The rest is non sense. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Davathor said:

It's almost like they didn't learn the first time...

I want Gretzky as coach. It would be hilarious and awesome. You can't tell me the young guys wouldn't play their asses off for him. Prob teach Hog how to set up in the office too

isnt his coaching record not great?

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

He's turning 70 this summer and has left jobs in the past to 'spend more time with my grandchildren.'

I don't think he's a guy hoping to back into the life of buses and airports. 

• Cheers 1

Throw a match on this current version of our club...... time to sell older assets....   Play the younger talent.....  Lets try Jake on the top line....

The current squad -   BLOW IT UP.

giphy.gif

Edited by kingofsurrey