The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no you're trolling, Taj is not "news". Its really getting tired. 

He’s not wrong though. Management showed their true colours and I have zero respect for Benning and co. Ownership can kick rocks for all I care. 

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Someone's gotta start a music thread.. 

I mean cpl posts here and there all good.... but pages and pages of metal and hendrix and bands... 

Wouldn't it be better for you guys if start a new thread on topic and continue the discussion there.. then you can enjoy even more with like minded ppl..

I get more enjoyment from the various side trips  in this thread while we are without actual game-related news. All the negativity and repetitive complaints get so tiresome. The music rabbit hole began by @PhillipBlunt was an entertaining diversion.

• Cheers 1

did they release what players were at practice today? Curious who from the taxi squad might have been at practice, would assume Dipietro was as a Goalie was not feeling the best still apparently.

Sure hope Rathbone gets in some games after he completes his quarantine

• -SN- changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP
10 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

He’s not wrong though. Management showed their true colours and I have zero respect for Benning and co. Ownership can kick rocks for all I care. 

Your doing the same thing reading way too much into Bo's comment. 

It is just as likely that he forgot to mention management and the org. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I get more enjoyment from the various side trips  in this thread while we are without actual game-related news. All the negativity and repetitive complaints get so tiresome. The music rabbit hole began by @PhillipBlunt was an entertaining diversion.

Yes true i enjoy those diversions as well. And do participate in them time to time.. but today seems like a turning point for the club..

Earlier i had cpl mins to look for update and got lost in post after post of metal hendrix talk.. got frustraded a bit as i only had cpl mins..

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

I tried, I really, really, tried to just let this part go; but dammit, I can't.   :( lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachman–Turner_Overdrive

"Their 1970s catalogue included five Top 40 albums and six US Top 40 singles (eleven in Canada). BTO has five certified Gold albums and one certified Platinum album in the US; in Canada, they have six certified Platinum albums and one certified Gold album. The band has sold nearly 30 million albums worldwide, and has fans affectionately known as "gearheads"[2] (derived from the band's gear-shaped logo). 

I now return you to your previously scheduled thread.

I digress, eh. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Squamfan said:

I think someone's fishing for retweets by blowing this out of proportion.

All the players knew what the risks were of playing. They were all given the opportunity to opt out with nothing held against them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

All the players knew what the risks were of playing. They were all given the opportunity to opt out with nothing held against them.

Typical scum media..

Trying to get twitter views to stay relevant and cause an issue where there is none..

Messed up thing is so many ppl eat it up....

• Cheers 4

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

All this fuss brought about by JT’s comments, which were very welcome and already on everyone’s minds. Nothing was missed by the team and no games were going to be played, regardless of NHL scheduling, until players were cleared by medical staff to play. No player who felt unfit was ever going to be forced to play. JT just helped the NHL save face by not having to cancel at the last minute.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Now you are just trying to find excuses for Bennings piss poor management. I don’t understand why everyone is so worried about protecting Benning and Ownerships reputation. Sewer them like they did their own players. You heard Miller, you heard Bo. Why try to defend Benning ? I don’t understand. 

Edited by Wayne Glensky
  • RoughGame 4

1 hour ago, gurn said:

I tried, I really, really, tried to just let this part go; but dammit, I can't.   :( lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachman–Turner_Overdrive

"Their 1970s catalogue included five Top 40 albums and six US Top 40 singles (eleven in Canada). BTO has five certified Gold albums and one certified Platinum album in the US; in Canada, they have six certified Platinum albums and one certified Gold album. The band has sold nearly 30 million albums worldwide, and has fans affectionately known as "gearheads"[2] (derived from the band's gear-shaped logo). 

I now return you to your previously scheduled thread.

that is pretty impressive for a band that only played 2 songs

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I doubt it. They will probably carry 3 extra forwards and a extra pair of d-men and rotate them. That way the players play 3 games a week instead of 4. No matter what is said publicly everyone knows the season is toast.   

that is interesting because I remember people saying the same thing in the off season

but 

that is just not the way Green coaches

I will believe it if/when it happens

25 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Now you are just trying to find excuses for Bennings piss poor management. I don’t understand why everyone is so worried about protecting Benning and Ownerships reputation. Sewer them like they did their own players. You heard Miller, you heard Bo. Why try to defend Benning ? I don’t understand. 

No, I just don't like sensationalism.

I had criticized JB on a lot based on his actual moves, not some random blow out or proportion dribble by some wanna be on Twitter.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

He was speaking on behalf of the organization. He’s the captain. Pretty simple/standard stuff. 

It’s very sad that people are twisting this. The same suspects. The deadline is over so they need something new to point the finger at management for 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

To me he keyed in on the getting support part and almost started answering the question before the reporter was finished speaking. I don't think it was a deliberate slight on owners and management.

• Cheers 1