The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's when the subject turns to baklava that I really miss my Turkish friends/coworkers from the past.  And their lovely wives who fed us.

Taking the time to make and share good food is one of the most genuine things anyone can do. The lack of being able to do that over the last year plus is painful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

Or a dirty ginch 

austin mathews kind of looks like the grinch in some of his photos. He has also pulled his pants down in public.That's why I call him the ginch.

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

bambalam?

Fun fact: the guy in Ram Jam singing and playing the wild guitar is Bill Bartlett, who previously had been in a bubblegum band called The Lemon Pipers who had a big hit in 1968 with a song called Green Tambourine. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, jason10009 said:

Although, I know the outcome of this game, I am just going to chill and simply enjoy watching the last few games left.

Me too! Can't wait to shut down McJesus in tonight's win!

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Can't tell if serious or not.

If so, sure.  Yep.

There are days when I'm not sure if I am serious.   Lol

I would say that the long term should be what is the most important.  Let's face it. This year is a wash. What we all want is to see players like Petey and Hughes surrounded with highly skilled players. We want to see them get a chance to raise the cup in Canucks colors.

If we lose every game from here on I would be OK with that. If that helps to land the best player possible then sure.

If a few extra loses helps move us up in the draft and secure a better player . Why not.

No one is asking players to through a game.

Petey and Hughes are not stupid. They want to be surrounded with talent. 

What if it ment getting Luke Hughes?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

Fun fact: the guy in Ram Jam singing and playing the wild guitar is Bill Bartlett, who previously had been in a bubblegum band called The Lemon Pipers who had a big hit in 1968 with a song called Green Tambourine. 

I'm a trivia guy, but that wasn't fun at all. 

• Haha 3

Just now, appleboy said:

There are days when I'm not sure if I am serious.   Lol

I would say that the long term should be what is the most important.  Let's face it. This year is a wash. What we all want is to see players like Petey and Hughes surrounded with highly skilled players. We want to see them get a chance to raise the cup in Canucks colors.

If we lose every game from here on I would be OK with that. If that helps to land the best player possible then sure.

If a few extra loses helps move us up in the draft and secure a better player . Why not.

No one is asking players to through a game.

Petey and Hughes are not stupid. They want to be surrounded with talent. 

What if it ment getting Luke Hughes?

But the problem is...draft picks aren't a given.  There's no guarantee and so that's the consolation prize, not the goal.

21 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Someone should start an annoying song thread. I definitely have my share of songs that annoy me.

Hotel California. If it comes on while I'm in the car, I turn it off and listen to the muffler drag. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

I did not know that. 

download.jpg.ee4d6585ea084831197bd8f0c5256e00.jpg

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXQIkwqaogd58_SVKypaa   

Fun fact: this is how some figs grow in Southeast Asia

3 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Hotel California. If it comes on while I'm in the car, I turn it off and listen to the muffler drag. 

but  I..........love a rainy night

42 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

OK, lost my comment there.

To those talking about the 2011 team being special...they sure were.  But there also were members of that team who'd been together from the start...from the days of the Moose.  They were super bonded as a result....brothers who'd go to war together.  That develops over time and, especially, if you go through adversity together.

They'd been in the NHL for 6 years or so at that point.  There were 2 out of those first 6 years that they missed the playoffs....so it's not just add water and stir.  A figuring out of it all took place.

This team's been moving parts and a bit disjointed....the guys like Petey, Brock, Quinn, Bo need time to also establish that history together.  Patience is required...it doesn't happen over night.

Kes also spoke to the fact that the Gilles era meant they got whatever they needed to succeed (this team was always ahead of the pack in some of the tools they used) - from sleep to fitness to anything that could give them an edge.  Funny, people used to scream for Gilles' head too but his players have nothing but good things to say about him.

The team has already shown their displeasure with ownership/management. If there isn’t a regime change this summer, I have a hard time believing a guy like Miller is going to want to re sign. It will be a domino effect. Kind of like Columbus. They can’t keep talent. Once you piss off your own players it can only go downhill from there. 

26 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Totally agree on puck battles. See it very often and its sad when our best puck battlers are Hogs and Motte..our smallest guys 

but we can make up with better breakouts and better passing schemes 

The button hook just inside the offensive blueline is a predictable play and kills the speed of the play 

Canucks with a 3 on 1 break

BUtton hook

canucks on a 3 on 4 break