The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 6, 6 p.m. l SNP | ROAD TO 100 EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

36 minutes ago, bree2 said:

the guy is all about getting points for himself. he is such a greedy guy

really? wow..... maybe he should pass the puck to our D instead getting a goal or assist?

or is this just "hate the enemy" drivel?

Edited by rychicken
involuntary vowel movement
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I don't care about our draft position right now.  I just want to salvage some pride with a win or two.  And I'm willing to bet a lot of money that most of the players feel the same way (or at least they should).  Tanking is just plain moronic at any time.  The whole point of playing a game, any game, is the attempt to win.  Anything other than the Canucks trying their best to win is a waste of their time and ours.  Go Canucks Go!

At this point playing .500 has a good chance pushing us outside a top 10 pick where the lottery odds are negligible and the players available will be roughly the same so just go for it

Losing 15 straight to finish the year will break the team in my mind no matter the available excuses.

Top 5 pick is not likely regardless

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Oh please. If a Canuck were doing such things you’d be over the damn moon with ecstasy. As would we all.

Hey i am allowed my own opinion, and i don't like him, one, because he loves to dive and the other over the years he has only cared about points and not about the team. 

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

Objectively, the Canucks have 5 or 6 guys that might play well the rest of the season. The rest of "the replacements" will be a no-show on the scoresheet (despite effort) just like the previous games. Our defense is suspect, collectively, all over the ice. The best we could do is get lucky and poke the puck and get behind their D for a lucky one on a breakaway. Our special teams needs a complete overhaul. Our defensive system needs a complete overhaul as well. Our goaltending is good, but the defense hangs them out to dry. Add in McJesus trying to reach 100 - I expect a big blowout in this one, just not sure how big?

12 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Hey i am allowed my own opinion, and i don't like him, one, because he loves to dive and the other over the years he has only cared about points and not about the team. 

I’m mean he does play a sound defensive game.... Not. 

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

the guy is all about getting points for himself. he is such a greedy guy

Yeah - that's why he has 62 assists to his 31 goals - he'll never pass Matthews that way

Edited by Googlie
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I don't like how he keeps getting called the best player in the world, because he really isn't in many areas. Yes he may be the best scoring forward, but there are many other guys that are better actual C's, and have carried their teams to championships. Until he does that he hasn't earned that label imo. 

Plus that Rogers commercial of him scoring on us makes me want to throw my remote at my tv. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Yeah - that's why he has 62 assists to his 31 goals - he'll never pass Matthews that way

Difference between McDavid and Mario/WG - is both those guys scored a ton of goals too.   WG lost a step in that department after his back and shoulder injury but still scored like McDavid does in his latter half ... and if you take the SP and even them out it's both those guys would too.  He's the Hawerchuk/Stastny of our  day nothing more, nothing less.   WG and Mario in today's game with no redline and cap considerations would be scoring 160-190 points in their prime.    Yes he's good (McDavid).   But i doubt he will ever win a cup.   Not until cap catches up and now it won't. 

Edited by IBatch

45 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Oh please. If a Canuck were doing such things you’d be over the damn moon with ecstasy. As would we all.

Not me.  I'd rather have two Horvats or Miller's plus a Hogs or Motte anyday.   12.5...cap isn't going up for five years. 

Edited by IBatch

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Difference between McDavid and Mario/WG - is both those guys scored a ton of goals too.   WG lost a step in that department after his back and shoulder injury but still scored like McDavid does in his latter half ... and if you take the SP and even them out it's both those guys would too.  He's the Hawerchuk/Stastny of our  day nothing more, nothing less.   WG and Mario in today's game with no redline and cap considerations would be scoring 160-190 points in their prime.    Yes he's good (McDavid).   But i doubt he will ever win a cup.   Not until cap catches up and now it won't. 

Most people might not remember how he got his back injured.  From a cheapshot crosscheck by Gary Suter. 

That sack of manure also took out Paul Kariya with a similiar cheapshot that shortened that guys career as well.

Guy who took out two elite players just flew under the radar.  But a loser like Ron McLean would prefer to whine about Burrows.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Mcdavid is the most hacked and hooked and held player in the entire NHL. The amount of stick work he has to put up with is ridiculous.

Clearly you don't watch Oilers games unless they play the Canucks.

You seem utterly ignorant  or a jealous hater.. if he was a Canuck you would be writing poems about him.. 

Best player in the world by a country mile.. most entertaining player in the world and most dominant player in the world.  

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

what a terrible take, hawerchuk or stastny didnt even come close to the season mcdavid is having. gretzky didn't score at this clip since 1990-1991.

also would be nice to see how many goals mcdavid would get if all he goalies played like arcade hockey goalies

1507888817_arcadehockey.jpg.67fd55f50f4bfd43613780295ac936a9.jpg

if your going to be a 80's homer, at least show a little respect that, the best 80's goalie roy had worse sv% than every single goalie who played over 50 games in the last ten years

• Haha 1