The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 11, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Even Rathbone has stopped being offensive. I swear we just neuter any offense with our riskier defensemen. In the AHL the kid was all over the offensive zone. Comes up and he too is grabbing the leash tied to the blue line. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

you don't try out kids at bottom six center.

Sutter and Beagle are here for hard minutes, not secondary scoring - with such a young top 6, they need that, the ice tilted for them (as opportune minutes as possible, imo)..

but Sutter has averaged 17 goals/82 throughout his career - so...that's secondary scoring.

16 goals per 82 in his time here. Few people probably realize that. Excellent in a shutdown role.   Problem is that he's had Canuck luck where staying healthy is concerned. 

Anyone you replace him with - will be vulnerable to Canuck luck.

What do you have in mind? What should we do? Sutter is easily replaceable with anyone from the free agent market imo. Eriksson, Beagle, Baer should all be bought out. Picking up a D with our draft pick and pick up a center or two with our remaining picks. I’m excited about this upcoming draft all in all

2 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

Do you remember that anthem in the 'play-ins' or play offs where someone did a country version that was phenomenal? Can't recall but it was awesome. 

Sorry, but Oh Canada is not a country song.  George Canyon should be stripped of his citizenship for disgracing his country with his abomination of a "performance" of the anthem.  Play it as written; it is disrespectful to turn it into a redneck hoe-down.

Edited by King Heffy

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

What do you have in mind? What should we do? Sutter is easily replaceable with anyone from the free agent market imo. Eriksson, Beagle, Baer should all be bought out. Picking up a D with our draft pick and pick up a center or two with our remaining picks. I’m excited about this upcoming draft all in all

name a few.

Just now, MikeyD said:

Even Rathbone has stopped being offensive. I swear we just neuter any offense with our riskier defensemen. In the AHL the kid was all over the offensive zone. Comes up and he too is grabbing the leash tied to the blue line. 

I have liked the look of him but I have noticed a tendency to overpass instead of shooting the puck this game. Rookie nerves I imagine.