The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Heretic said:

Just because I want a high draft pick, doesn't make me less of a fan.

45 years of a fan.

Seen a lot of other teams get good luck and the Canucks getting table scraps...

Exactly.

Fans willing to trade 20 minutes of entertainment for what could very well be missing out on a franchise defenseman.

I can’t believe how many people are happy about that.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I love that the boys are finding their legs and showing some pushback.  That will do more for them, as a group, than a new guy who may or may not slot in in a few years.

Flames are garbage and fluked out the win but the boys can hold their heads high.  

I still would rather draft Brandt on RD then taking someone not near his talent as a player like Brandt is who the Canucks need

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

OMG seriously?

If you "need" "a guy" then you need much more.

We have some pretty elite players...give them time.

We never will get better if we try to lose or give up, that's for sure.  I love this fighting spirit they show...did it in the playoffs too.

I disagree with you. The draft is more important to the team’s future than showing this “fighting spirit” at the end of the season. There is no carry over for next year, too much time in between the next start.  This will all be forgotten to both the payers and fans. No benefit other than players padding their stats.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Only ones who will be crying will be the people who complain about all the good players we miss out on in the draft.

Tons of guys to like in the 9-10 position.  Edvinsson, Johnson, McTavish, Svozil wold all be great additions.

Just now, grandmaster said:

I disagree with you. The draft is more important to the team’s future than showing this “fighting spirit” at the end of the season. There is no carry over for next year, too much time in between the next start.  This will all be forgotten to both the payers and fans. No benefit other than players padding their stats.

PREACH!!!! 

• Like 1