The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another Russian?

Rate this topic

dr.naughtypants

Hey y'all. Long time caller, first time listener...

Here we are in the "create Canucks things to chat about" time of year. I don't want to talk about last season because, well, you know. It was almost physically painful. Lol. So cheers- To the future. 

I wonder if the Canucks will look to have a veteran Russian presence on the team next year. I'm sure it has crossed their minds. Tryamkin was of course going to be the easiest solution. Looking back, maybe the big fella didn't have the greatest attitude, and might not have been the best role model for the next young star. Doesn't matter now. 

So...

With Podz joining the team, who might be the seasoned Russian the Canucks look to keep near the kid. It

CC

• Cheers 2

50 minutes ago, dr.naughtypants said:

Hey y'all. Long time caller, first time listener...

Here we are in the "create Canucks things to chat about" time of year. I don't want to talk about last season because, well, you know. It was almost physically painful. Lol. So cheers- To the future. 

I wonder if the Canucks will look to have a veteran Russian presence on the team next year. I'm sure it has crossed their minds. Tryamkin was of course going to be the easiest solution. Looking back, maybe the big fella didn't have the greatest attitude, and might not have been the best role model for the next young star. Doesn't matter now. 

So...

With Podz joining the team, who might be the seasoned Russian the Canucks look to keep near the kid. It

CC

anisimov could be signed for less than a million, so i wouldn't affect our cap hit.

grigorenko 3 years @2m might be a decent option

• Vintage 1

Agree with other posters here.From what i've seen, he seems to have an exuberant personality, and I dont see him having problems assimilating into the team.

Goldoblin didnt need another comrade, and i dont think Pod will either.

Tryamkin was different,North American life was very foreign to him, and he didnt embrace it (he never bothered to learn a lick of English).

Edited by Honky Cat

25 minutes ago, Red Wooster said:

It's pretty obvious that they are going after him.  Let Tanev walk and trade Benn to free up #8.

Yup. Targeting Ovechkin is clearly the centrepiece of the “aggressive offseason” than Benning and Aquilini have planned for us this year. ;) 

Of course, it’s never gonna happen, but how fun would it be to have Ovechkin on your team for the coming years?

Next season, he’ll likely pass Dionne, Hull, and Jagr, to claim #3 on the all time goalscoring list. The year after, he should pass Howe. And then we’ll see if OV8 can chase down Gretzky and 894 goals, before age finally catches up.

Ovechkin deserves the title. By era-adjusted scoring, he’s already passed Gretzky, and well within striking distance of Howe.

By the time he finishes his career, he should be considered the greatest goal scorer in NHL history.

Hopefully he sets the actual record (and not just era adjusted), and silences all doubters, before he hangs up his skates.

It sure would be fun to watch all that stuff happen with Ovechkin wearing a Canucks jersey.

(And certainly more enjoyable than being the team everyone else sets records and reaches their milestones against. :P)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1