The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on donnie and dhali

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

5 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Uncle Jim said absolutely nothing new and of any value in that Interview.   About the only thing that's apparent (that many of you stated) is that after he signs our two wonder boys he'll have little money left over to do much of anything and will be forced to plug the holes with more internal/cheap/rookie plugs because he boxed himself in with all his bad contracts he doled out blindly over the years.  Get ready for the possibility of an eighth year of failure under JB.   

The only thing that is a certainty about next year is that there will be no late season Banners flying high above us because the fans will be chanting FIRE BENNING - FIRE GREEN in person - if we have an encore of this year,

image.jpeg.fd1d4ee761d3a46cf2597d47ea2c4cf8.jpegTop 30 Hare Chase GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycatimage.jpeg.c5a091a1f42deb040c3a5a140fcd8a81.jpeg

During a rebuild don’t you expect your team to draft top ten several times?  

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Basically how every Canucks Talk thread turns out these days... 

There’s literally a “7 years blah blah blah something about brass thread”

Don’t get it. Same argument, same people. Just leaks into every thread.

Huh kinda like the 7 years of the same excuses why he’s failed at 90% of what he’s stated in his interviews. 

• RoughGame 4

10 minutes ago, combover said:

Huh kinda like the 7 years of the same excuses why he’s failed at 90% of what he’s stated in his interviews. 

Same question for you @combover:  Do you (as a fan) not want your team to draft top ten, several times, during its rebuilding phase?  Isn’t the draft where our young core group comes from?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

43 minutes ago, combover said:

Kind of like shut up already. We can all count to 7 so you don't need to make this stupid comment in every thread. There is another thread for idiotic comments like this. This is a topic about next year, JB's comments regarding that, moving forward and improving. Not about making you, WSA, and AV's Coin being right and smarter than 50 year NHL hockey people. Please stop ruining every thread with this garbage.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

That guy is a severe troll. Like you said there is one Benning Lover and his posts are satirical and obvious. Then you have all the Benning haters like him that turn every single topic into a list of Benning mistakes. Like really WSA, can we talk about Ericksson, rebuild plans, Toffoli, and cap space again? It's so new and interesting. That's where the fight begins, level headed people (like myself) aren't even supporting Benning as much as they are supporting, can you not be a douchebag and drag this into a flame Benning thread when you're a goof that can't see in front of his nose let alone run an NHL team like they think is so easy.

Absolute tools in my book. Like could you imagine how annoying this guy is in real life?

Like I’ve said may as well just mash all these threads into one. Too bad I liked the start this one had. Great things to talk about, some clarity, some real questions answered by Benning.

But Nope let’s still focus on what was negative. Call out some posters and label them.

It’s like a continuous argument, round and round and by the end of it no one knows what we are talking about anymore. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, combover said:

I did say there was a thread for that didn’t I 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I say Loui and Dahlen then... Why didn't Benning understand that he caused them and their families to be picked on? 

Benning told LE to play like garbage, whine about the coach, and refuse to even try to play like an NHLer?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

During a rebuild don’t you expect your team to draft top ten several times?  

Sure. Problem here is that it happened accidentally.

And yes, just one Benning thread would suffice. They all break down into the same conversation anyway :P

Edited by kanucks25
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

8 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Guaranteed Bennings girl has been picked on. I don’t care what the circumstances are of having a high profile job or whatever. Wrong is wrong no matter how many directions you spin it.

Benning never brought it up. He was asked the question and he answered it honestly. No one should be questioned for showing sympathy in the matter.

Its not "guaranteed" though. You dont know that. Maybe she has been but no one has said so, not even Benning.

This is exactly what I am talking about.

20 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Sure. Problem here is that it happened accidentally.

And yes, just one Benning thread would suffice. They all break down into the same conversation anyway :P

Regressions happen even with the best teams.  Look at Tampa in 2016-17. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, tas said:

the average canucks fan with internet access seems to expect the team to simultaneously tank for top 5 picks every year by trading every veteran for scratch tickets, while also never losing an actual hockey game. 

the paradox created by their idiocy keeps them perpetually shrieking on cdc and twitter in sisyphean futility while worsening my misanthropy and giving me constant eyeroll-whiplash headaches. 

Imo we’re entering a phase of really exciting hockey, both at the NHL and AHL levels.  We’ve got a lot of good young guys coming along now, and having them in Abbotsford is great.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

20 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Its not "guaranteed" though. You dont know that. Maybe she has been but no one has said so, not even Benning.

This is exactly what I am talking about.

You don’t think so. A teenager, a banner flying around that says fire he father. Very naive of you. I sure as hell remember what it was like to be a teenager 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Benning fanboys to me are no different than Benning haters. One supports almost everything Benning does and has trouble seeing his mistakes and the other criticizes almost everything he does and has trouble seeing his positives.

I dont think I qualify as either. I give him credit when i think he deserves it and criticize him when i think he deserves it. Some think I am a Benning hater. So be it.

I have said clearly many times that Benning still being here means I am rooting for him to prove me wrong. I am not rooting for him to fail, I simply worry about the possibility he repeats past mistakes. You can support the team or gm or coach and still criticize them. It doesnt have to be one or the other.

The comments about Tryamkin and Gaudette and their wives generally had one thing in common. It was used to justify Benning made the right call to get two cancerous players with cancerous wives away from our "winning culture".

I can assure you, the only thing that offends me on cdc is the hypocrisy and the inability of many to disagree without personal attacks. But those are in general not specific to me. I really dont care about how people act toward me. Too many other things in life to care about and worry about.

Oh, and I call out the hypocrisy and personal attacks with zero regard for which side of the aisle its coming from.

I am an analytical person and I enjoy fixing problems. So what you see as looking for only faults I see as me talking about aspects of the team that I am interested in and that I like to give opinions on fixing. If all we could talk about is how perfect everything is I would be bored in a matter of days. 

Benning essentially gets a clean slate from me in terms of moves he makes this offseason now that he is staying. But if he keeps making mistakes like previously I will certainly criticize him. I dont think its ever realistic to completely absolve any GM of past mistakes that are still haunting the team though. Accountability does matter.

Is that a clean slate, or “essentially” a clean slate?

Because if it really is a clean slate then it follows that you have, in fact, absolved JB of his earlier misdirections. This doesn’t seem to be the case. The clean slate suggests moving forward with an open mind. I think in your often thoughtful analysis you offer context which tends to paint our GM in an unflattering light (understandable and your right) regardless of the specific topic being discussed. That to me  doesn’t feel like a clean slate.  I think you are operating within a pretty wide swath of wiggle room here, presumably cleaning your slate but not completely absolving at the same time.

Maybe the problem is the current stasis with the team. I look forward to the group analysis once the maneuvering starts and hope that we all clear our collective plates of any clutter, wasteful emotions and 20/20 hindsight. I trust your observations will be front and center.

• Cheers 2