The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Vasili Podkolzin

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I think his agent did an interview somewhere sometime during the season and said he’s more around 6’2’’

Yeah. I don't think the KHL would have him listed incorrectly. 

IIHF and the website has him at 192cm - which isn't exactly 6'3 when i did the conversion, but IIHF has him listed at 192cm and also 6'4, maybe they did the conversion wrong on their webby. 

IIHF - Russia

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Vancouver has him listed at 6'1

KHL has him listed as 192cm - 6'2.9 / 6'3

IIHF had him listed at 6'4 

He's a big dude either way. Gained quite a bit of size after draft.

Podz walking in to the Canucks dressing room like:

gorilla hurrying GIF

"It's not the size of a dog in a fight but the size of the fight in a dog".

Tyler Motte is under 6 feet tall but he plays bigger than he is.

10 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Unsurprisingly, Provost gets it while the usual suspects don't.  This has always had everything to do with the boot-licking supporters of this management team and not the management themselves

My apologies that I don't think the world of my management team because they signed a prospect they have full control over.  Then again, this management team did manage to flub Tryamkin, who - according to their own, past comments - was a guy they were very high on using for this team.  In that case, maybe I should be grateful they didn't flub this up.

Regardless, we can live in a world where we can be happy about a signing and also call out the comments that are meant to dunk on the "haters".  That's the real negativity.

Hope this helps.

Man your schtick is weak. Reading this entire thread, is GOOD NEWS.

Reading you is like getting pricked by cacti in a pool of fermented piss.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

if we manage to win lotto  and benning pulls a oel trade (coyotes dont wanna pq him 42 mill actual Money over 6 more yrs)cap dump  involving eriksson roussel beagle ferland first in 2022  frees to  of cap 

take a sundin run at ovi for 2 yrs for 26 mill 

draft power or clarke 

let myers or holtby go to seattle 

ovi petey podkolzin 

miller horvat boeser

pearson         hoglander 

gadjovich  gravoac   motte 

macewen 

hughes hamonic 

oel schmidt 

rathbone  power or clarke 

juolevi 

demko

dipietro

only thing team missing would be a third line center 

benning could find  a decent faceoff guy for prospects or at free     agency

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Yeah. I don't think the KHL would have him listed incorrectly. 

IIHF and the website has him at 192cm - which isn't exactly 6'3 when i did the conversion, but IIHF has him listed at 192cm and also 6'4, maybe they did the conversion wrong on their webby. 

IIHF - Russia

My information is vague.  I just remember hearing an interview about it and someone bringing up 6’2’’ being his height but I am not concrete with the info till I find my source. 

17 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

if we manage to win lotto  and benning pulls a oel trade (coyotes dont wanna pq him 42 mill actual Money over 6 more yrs)cap dump  involving eriksson roussel beagle ferland first in 2022  frees to  of cap 

take a sundin run at ovi for 2 yrs for 26 mill 

draft power or clarke 

let myers or holtby go to seattle 

ovi petey podkolzin 

miller horvat boeser

pearson         hoglander 

gadjovich  gravoac   motte 

macewen 

hughes hamonic 

oel schmidt 

rathbone  power or clarke 

juolevi 

demko

dipietro

only thing team missing would be a third line center 

benning could find  a decent faceoff guy for prospects or at free     agency

Ovi has already said he only wants to play for Washington and Moscow for his career 

Also Arizona laughs and hangs up at that weak proposal. 

Edited by canuck73_3

18 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

this is great news, I bet he didn't overpay. :bigblush:

Have to wait and see if Jim

hands him $2M in schedule B’s. :ph34r:

(Kidding)

Predicting Podkolzin’s deal will be right at league standard.

$925K cap hit, $850K (max) schedule A bonuses, zero schedule B bonuses, $1.775M AAV, $92,500 (x3) signing bonuses, $832,500 NHL salary, 70K AHL.

Basically a carbon copy of the Horvat (9th overall) ELC and the exact same contract most NHL teams give to players drafted in that range.

I’d be very surprised if it’s anything different.

Anyway, very exciting that he’s finally signed and joining the team. Can't wait to see him hit the ice in Canucks colours. :towel:

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Jimmy there is a lot of folks on this site, with honest views that don't see everything so black and white.   It's easy to be swept up into the black - things looked very dark after the Sedin teams - massive massive boots to fill.    Not sure if that is part of it but do feel that it might be.  I haven't watched this team as long as anyone who has for 50 years.   Didn't really start paying a lot of attention until the late 80's (but did enjoy adding the stickers to our 81 run as a kid).  Not a fan of expansion or the cap but understand it was needed.   Don't and will never understand why so much hate on the team though.   Remember a time when folks wore Ryan Walter jerseys, and Diduck or the House Sandlak, or Butchers with pride.   Absolutely things could be better.  And for sure things could be a lot worse.   Why not take the high road at least for another year?  Or two.   JB isn't perfect but he is human.  And to me at least, he's also part of the team and until he stops drafting kids that are so easy to like don't see an issue with keeping him on.    These things take a ton of time nowadays.   At least with cap and expansion there is also hope every single post season, unlike pre-cap going up against powerhouses after powerhouses too.   Also think below is funny, to add to the humour ... yes he's in some peoples heads rent free.   Time to relax and just let the chips fall where they will.   Nobody is leaving.  Teams still aligned from top to bottom.  Nobody wants out either. 

Inglourious Basterds Bingo GIF

You just say "bingo"...