The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

16 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Like I said in an earlier response, I’m literally in Texas right now, I work down here and have watched his potato a lot but hey, enjoy the instant gratification. 

What do you consider a potato in terms of your own hockey analysis? From all reports on him and the limited games i've seen him play in (between 45-50 maybe?) the guy doesn't seem to have any issues or negative characteristics with his skating.  He hasn't shown superior hands on O, but that isn't what he's been counted on for. Can you explain your POV a bit further? Just curious how you arrived at your opinion. thx man

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

Very solid move here Dickinson is a very solid 3rd line C who is a big body who can play a mean game if needed a great pker and very defensively responsible, he was a big part of Dallas cup run in the last calendar year good move for jb

He’s not really a centre.  More of a hard to play against winger.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Convincing John said:

Steve Bernier: nice hands bro

Jason Dickinson: thanks man. 

Curious, what are some ideas for trades that can help improve the team? You seem to hate this one so I wanna know what you think is better?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

You might be right.  Having said that, check this out:

Very interesting read:  this guy thinks Dickinson is better than Faska if we look at the metrics: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.defendingbigd.com/platform/amp/2021/6/14/22526686/analysis-between-radek-faksa-jason-dickinson-who-do-the-dallas-stars-protect-seattle-joe-pavelski

11 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Faksa and Comeau had more PK ice time.

Earlier in thread it is on a tweet or whatever.

Dickinson led dallas over  2 yrs for pk forward time, but not for this last season.

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s not about points; it’s about this guy playing a defensive minded role as a centre.  He’s horrid on faceoffs!  Does Bo take all the D zone left hand draws?  This trade is very likely to cost us Lind.

is this guy worth Lind and a third?  

You do realise that faceoffs are a skill that can be coached and progressed on right ? This kid is one of the better pkers in the league, 26 years old and CHEAP!! Nothing ever pleases some of you.

Even if we use white out for this season’s report card because of Faksa’s lingering wrist issues, Dickinson has been steadily improving off a stronger foundation. In fact, Dickinson’s defense was especially notable this season, as he was one of the NHL’s top defensive forwards, period.

I know Dickinson is an RFA, but this still holds true. $2.8M for 3 years is his expected contract according to Evolving-Hockey’s contract projections.

https://www.defendingbigd.com/2021/6/14/22526686/analysis-between-radek-faksa-jason-dickinson-who-do-the-dallas-stars-protect-seattle-joe-pavelski

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

this is a defensive forward I can get behind, And i Believe we can lock him up for under 3m.

I believe he's a significant improvement over sutter, and from what I can tell Improves other players play defensively. He is not a play driver but can hold his own with other skilled forwards. Benn and Comeau CF% improved from ~50% to 65% when dickinson was on the ice.

I can't wait to see dickinson and motte out together. This line I also believe is the perfect spot for someone like lind to learn the ropes. (keep up to these two players or your not making the team)

Now we can sign a cheap 4th center/lw for under 1.125m and have him compete with Beagle and rotate beagle in and out for health reasons.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The King said:

Your hilarious, Lind will never be Dickinson, which isn't saying much, but the third line is complete.  So I'm completely fine with the cost. A third line center at 1.5 million that plays hard both ways, and this part is important- is a NHL'er not an AHL'er, good job JB.

You're* ???

Not sure what you thought was hilarious. Alf was looking at the deal like it was a 3rd and Lind for Dickinson. I pointed out you have to look at who we would have lost and add that to the equation. I never once compared Lind to Dickinson.

Also he doesn't have a contract at the moment so your 1.5 million is speculation. 

16 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Haha, ok. Who needs goals from a bottom 6 forward. Look how great it works for Edmonton. Any time Jim gives a pick for a penalty killer it’s a complete waste of an asset because he has had 7 years to develop this guy but instead he is always cashing in for instant help that almost always becomes extremely underwhelming. Trust me, don’t get excited. 

Haha, ok. I’ll tell you who, Bottom 6 lines need goals from a bottom 6 player. Look how great it worked for Tampa to win back to back cups with contributions from the bottom 6 and the prices they paid for bottom 6 scoring. Any time Jim can flip a pick for an actual NHL player, it gives us an actual NHL player and not the hopes of an NHL player.
Trust every cup winning team, you need scoring in the bottom 6.

Its not a blockbuster deal that puts us over the top, but its a step in the right direction.

Also… look how great it worked for Edmonton?? Their top line got shut down and they got their a$$es handed to them.

So now you are lying in addition to name calling?  You were the one quoting my post and inventing nonsense while name calling.

You called me dumb for posting that I was going to wait for actual evidence on the ice before giving him credit.

In your mind you seem to think that waiting for evidence is prejudging something.  That is genuinely idiotic logic.

Grown ups look at evidence and then revise their opinions when new evidence presents itself.  No new evidence has presented itself as of yet.

Here are the actual posts to show your utter lack of coherent thinking…

55 minutes ago, Provost said:

He has genuinely earned all the criticism.  Our team has been terrible for a long time…. Excuses about a thin prospect pool run out after about 4 years into a tenure, not a (new) 9 year plan.

After last offseason being a debacle, that was his last life for me.  Now he has to prove any moves by wins and losses on the ice before I will give him much credit.

46 minutes ago, IRR said:

Are you dumb?!

Yes, for things he's already done wrong. Fine!!

How do you judge / criticize someone for something they haven't even done. Eg. Rumours that haven't even come to fruition? How f'n stupid is that. 

Maybe i should judge you for running a red light and killing someone.....but i assume you haven't done that. It would be pretty stupid of me to do something like that, no??? Double standards everywhere! What bull****!! 

18 minutes ago, IRR said:

You are an IDIOT!!!!! You quoted MY post where i was talking about some people judging / criticizing him for things that HAVEN'T even happened, then totally twisted it / justified the judgement / criticism. What is sooo hard to understand about what i originally said??? Anyone with half a brain understands it's not right or fair to judge someone for something that hasn't even happened. I also added that judgement / criticism is fair in regards to things he has ALREADY done wrong. 

Try using that thing between your ears, common sense and logic next time!!! 

Edited by Provost
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Vermette9 said:

You do realise that faceoffs are a skill that can be coached and progressed on right ? This kid is one of the better pkers in the league, 26 years old and CHEAP!! Nothing ever pleases some of you.

I’m not pleased or displeased with this trade.  I just don’t think Dickinson is a centre, who Green will be comfortable with taking 

D zone face-offs.  Imo, he’s a winger, and guys like this are available in free agency.  It only cost a third, so if he can play bottom six wing, and PK, then it’s fine.  But I still see Miller playing centre.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Vermette9 said:

You do realise that faceoffs are a skill that can be coached and progressed on right ? 

This is true. But let's not pretend he has never worked on this before and will now instantly become better.

• Vintage 1