The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sabres trade Rasmus Ristolainen to Flyers for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick

How bad is it when you're doing a full rebuild by trading guys who are 24 - 26 years old?

Rebuild is supposed to be when you are trading guys in their mid 30's, not down at this age, because they are generally refusing to play for you any longer!

16 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Okay, so revamping a suggestion I made in a different chat earlier,

To Buffalo:

9OA

Schmidt

Eriksson (2 million retained)

To Vancouver

Reinhart

14th OA

Sound fair???

:)

Indication by some of the insiders is that Buffalo doesn't want to take cap back - they are only interested in futures.  Probably the reason why Philadelphia had to find another taker for Gostisbehere.

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Pettersson is 6'3 185 and is at a cap hit of 4 mill for three more seasons. No thanks

Oof, never mind, I'm out. I didn't realize his cap hit was atrocious. Sounds like Pitt needed to sign him large for cap reasons? No one will take him on with that deal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Indication by some of the insiders is that Buffalo doesn't want to take cap back - they are only interested in futures.  Probably the reason why Philadelphia had to find another taker for Gostisbehere.

I can see that they wouldn't want to take money back, but Loui really isn't owed much more. If you retain 2 million as part of a deal, it should work. You need to be able to afford to re-sign Reinhart

Just now, HomeBrew said:

Larsson, Oleksiak and Risolainen gone... as hesitant I am to bring it up again... It actually makes me more upset that GM JB couldn't get a deal done with Tryamkin. He would have been exactly what we need. Ugh. 

Tryamkin himself would have to want to come to Vancouver first. Negotiations are a non-starter if that isn't resolved. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I can see that they wouldn't want to take money back, but Loui really isn't owed much more. If you retain 2 million as part of a deal, it should work. You need to be able to afford to re-sign Reinhart

I think it was Dreger saying that Minnesota will have to go through a 3rd team to move cap in a potential Eichel trade.  Don't see them wanting either Schmidt or Eriksson + both have modified NTCs.  

Edited by mll

3 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Tryamkin himself would have to want to come to Vancouver first. Negotiations are a non-starter if that isn't resolved. 

“I told the Canucks what it would take on both a 1 or 2 year term and they told me what they could guarantee today, and the gap was just too wide for Nikita,” Tryamkin’s agent Todd Diamond told Dhaliwal. “Nikita didn’t want to wait and be in a situation like last summer where the team didn’t act and the KHL Club had nearly exhausted its budget.”

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/05/02/nikita-tryamkin-signs-2-year-deal-stay-khl/

• Cheers 1

Just now, mll said:

I think it was Dreger saying that Minnesota will have to go through a 3rd team to move cap.  Don't see them wanting either Schmidt or Eriksson + both have modified NTCs.  

Well, and to be realistic, my suggestion has zero chance of happening as Schmidt has a Modified NTC where he can submit a list of 10 teams he won't accept trade to. I'd place a good money bet that, Buffalo is on his No Trade list.

5 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

“I told the Canucks what it would take on both a 1 or 2 year term and they told me what they could guarantee today, and the gap was just too wide for Nikita,” Tryamkin’s agent Todd Diamond told Dhaliwal. “Nikita didn’t want to wait and be in a situation like last summer where the team didn’t act and the KHL Club had nearly exhausted its budget.”

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/05/02/nikita-tryamkin-signs-2-year-deal-stay-khl/

Ah yes, good reminder. 

I'm no insider, but I suspect Trymakin's demands were too much and Benning was probably still considering him to be a fringe-NHL defencemen because of the lack of an NHL track record.