The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

10 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Everybody knows the details.  I am just pointing out the disparity between the deals.  But there are always "fans" who will accuse me of being disingenuous, because their goal is to be as negative as possible and find it annoying when others want to actual be happy about their team. 

Theres always negative nancys, its a great trade and im so excited 

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

One thing to consider is OEL as a mentor to Petey.

I know Swedes don’t only bond with other Swedes but we saw the bond Petey had with Marky.

OEL can now be that older mentor to Petey. He was the captain in Arizona for a reason.

This. Plus I believe he’s close with the Sedins as well. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I know Swedes don’t only bond with other Swedes but we saw the bond Petey had with Marky.

OEL can now be that older mentor to Petey. He was the captain in Arizona for a reason.

Did Edler not count lol?

I think this trade was great, for all those that don't like it I do understand. But if those that don't like it are also the ones that were pissed with loui, rous and beags being on the roster... maybe time to be a kraken fan

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I know the OEL and Garland salaries are a wash with our deadweight, but don’t you guys feel lighter without Loui, Beagle, Roussel? Chance to completely revamp the bottom 6.

Edited by nergish
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

Problem is this draft has little impact in this core

Whether 9OA helps this core or not, losing 9OA as an asset in part of a trade to dump salary that would be gone in less than 12 months is shortsighted.

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2

5 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Just like the Miller thread was/is, this will be fun to look back upon

Yes, seeing all the hockeyDB armchair coaches calling Miller a 3rd liner. Good times. Now all the analytics folks ragging on OEL as if Arizona had ever come close to giving OEL a decent cast of players to work with.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It would have been a whole lit cheaper to drive Petey to Ikea before and after every game if he needed to feel at home.  These are grown ass men who get millions to play a game…how much more pampering do we think they need. Petey never said he needed a Swedish buddy, he just need decent players to work with.  Lets hope the cap goes way up cause that $7m+ cap hit will feel like groundhog day in the not too distant future.

• RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

Whether 9OA helps this core or not, losing 9OA as an asset in part of a trade to dump salary that would be gone in less than 12 months is shortsighted.

Not willing to improve at all is just as bad imo 

• Cheers 2