The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

3 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Whether 9OA helps this core or not, losing 9OA as an asset in part of a trade to dump salary that would be gone in less than 12 months is shortsighted.

I think this is shortsighted to make a fatalistic judgement on this hours after this trade.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Did he say that? 

Hope this helps. 

Cute vitriol.  My takes rub people the wrong way but they're always correct.  Hehe.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Edler might be gone for all we know.

Right, but it doesn't change the fact that he was still here this season.  The whole Swede mentor thing and finding a Markstrom-type replacement doesn't really make much sense here.

• RoughGame 2

Just now, Cromeslab said:

Does OEL convince Edler for cheap?

Nope. Edler is going to try to milk FA as much as he can. 

He’ll get a decent contract. However, he’s not what we need or want anymore.  

All the best to him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Whether 9OA helps this core or not, losing 9OA as an asset in part of a trade to dump salary that would be gone in less than 12 months is shortsighted.

You are in denial on what’s coming back.  We likely win this trade in the long run.  You are over valuing a 9OA and this draft was a crap shoot given Covid, we dis not miss out on a need (Clarke/MacTavish) it was a calculated deal and si far JB is ahead

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AV. said:

Cute vitriol.  My takes rub people the wrong way but they're always correct.  Hehe.

Right, but it doesn't change the fact that he was still here this season.  The whole Swede mentor thing and finding a Markstrom-type replacement doesn't really make much sense here.

You're not always correct, hehe. Keep lying to yourself. That's why posters like myself are trying their best (which isn't enough unfortunately) to help you along.

Hope this helps.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

The one thing Edler never did was reach superstar status. OEL has been there. Sure, he's fallen off a bit but he still carries that--that's good for Petey

Ok, but OEL and superstar haven't been a thing for like six seasons now.  At 30 years old, he's likely not getting back there.

We'll be fortunate if he performs like an adequate #4.  And even if he does that, we're paying him 7M?

Between him and Myers, we're spending 13M on guys suited towards the lower parts of the D pairings.  Just irresponsible stuff.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Probly the least scouted draft in recent memory good return for 9oa imo

Guenther went at 9 th.

According to the reports I have read that Top nine were a bit above the rest.

24 points in 12 games sounds good but it's still only at WHL level.

Happy with what Jim has done and believe it will make our team better now and into the future.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Nope. Edler is going to try to milk FA as much as he can. 

He’ll get a decent contract. However, he’s not what we need or want anymore.  

All the best to him. 

If he wants a payday good for him be nice to have him on a reasonable contract to mentor

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I think this is shortsighted to make a fatalistic judgement on this hours after this trade.

Is it just me or did someone else make a “fatalistic judgement” on a shortsighted comment…where the hell is that eye doctor?

• Haha 1