The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

3 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Danila has scored first goal for Dinamo, Minsk in exhibition game yesterday

Holy Campoli!

What a bulldog. He went right for that net!

Edit: Or was he the one with the tap in at the end?

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I mean if he’s good enough for the KHL he’s good enough for the AHL.

If he wants to come over to North America the AHL would be a much better challenge than the Q.

The other big advantage, IMO, is that he will be getting top level coaching and guidance from both the big club and Abby if he is signed and plays in the AHL. He would also benefit from having Silovs on the Abby team and although Silovs is Lithuanian, he speaks Russian as well

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Leave the lad in the K for a few years. He'll be fine.

As another poster said, if he can play in the KHL, he can play in the AHL where they have full control of his development.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

@Stierlitz

is it a big jump from where he was playing last year to the AHL?  

Last season he played for "Minskie Zubry" club in the Belarus youth league, I would say this is equivalent of the Russian MHL. This is likely a big jump (like you said) for 18-year old prospect to get in the AHL right away...

• Thanks 2

Just now, Stierlitz said:

Last season he played for "Minskie Zubry" club in the Belarus youth league, I would say this is equivalent of the Russian MHL. This is likely a big jump (like you said) for 18-year old prospect to get in the AHL right away...

They don't have to throw him to.the wolves, they can ease him in........practice time, workouts, proper nutrition.  Teach him how to be a pro now

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Leave the lad in the K for a few years. He'll be fine.

This. But I got to think Canucks management sits down with the kid and his family and asks what they are most comfortable with. Parents and family know when a kid is mentally and emotionally ready to jump continents. Would be silly to bring a kid to North America if he isn't ready.

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

As another poster said, if he can play in the KHL, he can play in the AHL where they have full control of his development.  

True, but maybe he'd be more comfortable playing closer to home. Kid is just 18 years old. And being out of Vancouver's public eyes may again, be more beneficial. Lets be real, not many hockey fans are this dialed into players on their teams. Playing hockey spitting distance away from Vancouver, there's a lot of pressure there and fans are going to be watching for him. It's why I feel comfortable just letting him develop as a person and a player away from the scrutiny that playing in NA would come with.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Eh,if they wanted him truly gone they'd be in the streets for weeks. And if they were beaten they'd take up weapons and go at it for keeps.

If you followed the news, you would see that there were on the streets for weeks...

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

This. But I got to think Canucks management sits down with the kid and hid family and asks what they are most comfortable with. Parents and family know when a kid is mentally and emotionally ready to jump continents. Would be silly to bring a kid to North America if he isn't ready.

Very good points @rekkerI am sure that they will have that conversation with him and his family and try to figure out what path he and his family feel is best for him. The Canucks have done that with most of the prospects that they have interest in signing long before actually doing so.  I guess we will just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean if he’s good enough for the KHL he’s good enough for the AHL.

If he wants to come over to North America the AHL would be a much better challenge than the Q.

Yeah, but you're ignoring two things.

1) He's 18 years old and 18 year second rounders rarely, if ever, make a leap to the AHL in their first season after getting drafted. Nils Hoglander played in the SHL for a year and a half before making the leap to the Canucks last season.

2) Culturally, he may not be ready to make the leap. It's a tough adjustment going from Belarus to North America... let alone making the transition from playing in the Belarus minor leagues to the AHL, the second best league in North America. If he's making the jump over, let him play with peers of his age range in the QMJHL for a year before signing him. Again, there's no rush.

He's also a very raw prospect. And though he has a high ceiling, he's still got a lot of time to develop. Rushing him won't help and the Canucks don't need to rush him. Don't forget, Kole Lind and Jonah Gadjovich both struggled out of the gate in the AHL level when they first showed up as 19 year olds and they were also second round picks. It took them a couple of seasons to figure it out. Could be the same thing for Danila and we don't need to worry about him having confidence issues now.

Having him show up in Abbotsford in Fall of 2022 isn't going to be a bad thing. I just say let the kid play where he wants too. Also there's no need to burn a year or two of his ELC developing him in Abbotsford instead of letting him develop in the KHL or QMJHL. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

True, but maybe he'd be more comfortable playing closer to home. Kid is just 18 years old. And being out of Vancouver's public eyes may again, be more beneficial. Lets be real, not many hockey fans are this dialed into players on their teams. Playing hockey spitting distance away from Vancouver, there's a lot of pressure there and fans are going to be watching for him. It's why I feel comfortable just letting him develop as a person and a player away from the scrutiny that playing in NA would come with.

of course it would be a mutual decision and only if heand his family think he's ready.  Sounds like he's a very driven kid though and hard competitor.......those guys usually like to push themselves.  I don't think the K is the right spot, but that's just me.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

Yeah, but you're ignoring two things.

1) He's 18 years old and 18 year second rounders rarely, if ever, make a leap to the AHL in their first season after getting drafted. Nils Hoglander played in the SHL for a year and a half before making the leap to the Canucks last season.

2) Culturally, he may not be ready to make the leap. It's a tough adjustment going from Belarus to North America... let alone making the transition from playing in the Belarus minor leagues to the AHL, the second best league in North America. If he's making the jump over, let him play with peers of his age range in the QMJHL for a year before signing him. Again, there's no rush.

He's also a very raw prospect. And though he has a high ceiling, he's still got a lot of time to develop. Rushing him won't help and the Canucks don't need to rush him. Don't forget, Kole Lind and Jonah Gadjovich both struggled out of the gate in the AHL level when they first showed up as 19 year olds and they were also second round picks. It took them a couple of seasons to figure it out. Could be the same thing for Danila and we don't need to worry about him having confidence issues now.

Having him show up in Abbotsford in Fall of 2022 isn't going to be a bad thing. I just say let the kid play where he wants too. Also there's no need to burn a year or two of his ELC developing him in Abbotsford instead of letting him develop in the KHL or QMJHL. 

Leave him overseas if he’s not coming to Abby.

The Q is a bad developmental league IMO.

• Cheers 3