The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Coyotes sign Travis Boyd

Congrats to Boyd on securing a contract with the Arizona Canu- I mean Coyotes! ::D

Not a bad price for the 'Yotes and Boyd continues his career in the big leagues while having the ability to play under nice, balmy weather. 

I didn't mind him in a Canucks uniform and as a waiver pick-up, he slotted in well when we had injuries and we needed bodies to fill in for us. 

I am glad to see we have improved on who we have in the bottom-6, making Boyd redundant (said in the nicest possible way) in our lineup. 

• Like 2

Nice, congrsts Travis. Always nice to see a player keep scratching his way onto teams. Its a tough league to crack. Lots of ex Canucks on the Yotes so I'm actually going to watch some games, or periods, or minutes, or shifts.......I will watch Yotes hilites anyways. 

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As much as Canucks players often get slagged for lack of quality, most of the guys the Canucks let go do find work elsewhere in the NHL.  I can't think of too many players that have recently gone on to bigger and better things (McCann maybe?) but at least it doesn't feel like the Canucks are letting a ton of quality go.  Hopefully this offseason's increase in quality depth will be a trend for the Canucks moving forward.  They do need to start filling out their depth from their own picks, but at least there might be a step in the right direction.

Good luck to Boyd, Beagle, Eriksson and Roussel.  

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

This is pretty funny actually. I legit wanna see a canucks plug line

LE - Boyd - Roussel

Lol with Arizona I wouldn’t be surprised if they weren’t finished signing ex-Canucks yet...Jimmy Vesey I am looking at you big guy!! 

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Lol with Arizona I wouldn’t be surprised if they weren’t finished signing ex-Canucks yet...Jimmy Vesey I am looking at you big guy!! 

Yes! This needs to happen! Haha

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

This is pretty funny actually. I legit wanna see a canucks plug line

LE - Boyd - Roussel

That's the Yotes 2nd line lol

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

The Coyotes and the Sabres together might not get to 80 points.  

I kinda want both those teams to be good next year to screw their tank season :bigblush:

• Haha 2