The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canuck Brandon Prust in hot water for disgraceful tweet

cuporbust

Imho, the title should be changed to one of the following:

• Former Calgary Flames Brandon Prust being flamed for disgraceful tweet
  • Former Montreal Habs Brandon Prust getting the "Pardon my French" treatment for disgraceful tweet
  • Former New York Ranger Brandon Prust is a bad apple for disgraceful tweet

He played only 1 year for the Canucks (not counting the Comets one-year stint) whereas he played 3 years for each of those teams.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

After reading that, I went and watched this.

There, I'm happy again. 

Those were the days when we used to have actual enforcers on the team like Rypen.  We could sure use a couple of tough guys on our team now as the canucks are such a soft Euro style team to play against.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

it is important to try to differentiate between idiocy and mental instability.

I dont completely disagree. It screams he neeeds help? i hope he gets it.

You still have to call out stereotypes that leads to making such a disturbing statement. So violent if you think about it? Even if Prust commits no offense.

It does follow.     

I doubt the person he was speaking to would feel safe around him. They also have that right... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Imho, the title should be changed to one of the following:

• Former Calgary Flames Brandon Prust being flamed for disgraceful tweet
  • Former Montreal Habs Brandon Prust getting the "Pardon my French" treatment for disgraceful tweet
  • Former New York Ranger Brandon Prust is a bad apple for disgraceful tweet

He played only 1 year for the Canucks (not counting the Comets one-year stint) whereas he played 3 years for each of those teams.

How about Former "locker room leader according to Habs fans:lol:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Meh.  Whatever.

I liked it when Prust speared Marchand in the groin way back when and so he’s good in my books.

I don't think anybody is complaining about the spear-in-the-groin thing, Marchand had it coming and I applauded like thousands of other hockey fans, but that doesn't give Prust a get out of jail free card nor tacit permission to be a douche the rest of his life.  GCG!

• Cheers 3

Here's the thing for me, his apology/downplaying of things included:

Prust would later tweet that his "tweet was blown out of context. Basically saying the government shouldn’t be able to force anyone to do anything. It would be like forcing someone into the sex trade."

"like forcing" is quite different than "I hope you are forced".  But nice try.  

He's lashed out before and if it's a mental health issue, he can use some of that $$ he boasts about to go get himself some help.   

• Like 1

This is a guy who is reality TV adjacent and is acting like it. 
His clarification for saying something stupid is even more stupid. 
‘I guess being a goon doesn’t require a lot of thinking, so fits with the pro-corona stands. 

Edited by DrJockitch

It takes a particular drive to be an enforcer in the NHL. It isn’t good enough to have a willingness to take on the physical side of the game when your reason for being there it becomes a necessity. I have respect for players like Brandon Prust who put their physical well being on the line regularly. His personality might exhibit itself in immature ways like his post. It perhaps should not surprise. 

The physical battering players like Prust take often manifests long past their playing days. Canuck fans were very happy when Prust was signed and I dare say couldn’t wait for him to engage. The even sadder case of Ryper should yield a little more leeway in these judgments.

30 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wasn’t he the one that made derogatory comments about players and their wives online, namely Pearson’s wife?

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Or was that Leipsic?

I know it was one of those two plugs.

Yeah that was Leipsic. I’d forgotten about that loser tbh

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

He is still responsible for what he says. If he is unable to conduct himself like an adult then he needs to be institutionalized until he can.

Not sure I agree with this, King...

If we start institutionalizing people for being a$$holes, we're going to have to start building a lot of Institutions....still, could be a "make work" project for displaced Oil Patch workers, I suppose....:unsure:

• Haha 1