The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offer Sheet] Hurricanes offer sheet Jesperi Kotkaniemi

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

What’s a 45 point C man?

Not enough for a competitive 2C and now you’re paying 4.5 mil for your 3C.  Not familiar enough with the guy to hear how he’d do in that role. 

He could very well bounce back with a change of scenery, for sure but if I’m a Habs fan I’d have to be thinking optimistically to be happy about it.

Keep in mind the Yotes were pretty bad last season.

Not familiar with Dovorak's game if he's more of play maker then he will be fine of he's on the same line as Josh Anderson.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

This worries me a bit, with Petey still not signed. If Habs make a bit of room on their roster / cap, they could go aggressively after Petey. That GM is making moves to save his job right now. 

I wouldnt worry about it. Words from the horses mouth

“I want to stay there (Vancouver) now, but I also want to play for a team that’s winning and has the chance to go far into the playoffs every year. I feel like we’ve got a chance to do that next year. If we have that chance when my next deal expires… I don’t know. I just want to play where there’s a chance of winning.” - Elias Pettersson

Montreal aint that team.

4 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

What’s a 45 point C man?

Not enough for a competitive 2C and now you’re paying 4.5 mil for your 3C.  Not familiar enough with the guy to hear how he’d do in that role. 

He could very well break out with a change of scenery, for sure but if I’m a Habs fan I’d have to be thinking optimistically to be happy about it.

Yep. They acquired a first and a third, but spent a first and a second to replace KK with an older version of him.  Not exactly sure how they spin that into a good thing. Especially when they wasted third overall on the kid

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Be funnier if he turned a corner and lived up to the draft position and Montreal lost him because they offer sheeted a guy that was always going to be matched in Aho.

Definitely this.  I heard they might pair him with Aho and TT.  He may actually live up to the 6.1 Mill(probably not) if he is on that line.  Also if Mtl's draft pick ends up being 11, and Carolina winning the cup.  That would take this trade to the extreme lol.

Edited by Viper007
  • Upvote 1