The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Wild re-sign Kirill Kaprizov

13 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Cute, Way to get all defensive lmao. NHL cap 81.5 - Best player makes 12.5
KHL cap 13m - best player makes 1.5.

And here you are going off trying to defend a debunked rumor by saying kaprizov would get 5-9m back home 
Find me a management team that thinks that's a great idea for a basic offensive guy who puts up a PPG.

This is a hockey forum, Where people post opinions. Not sure why you are getting personal claiming i have never been to russia as if you know my life story? Weird claim my friend

Please point to anything in my posts that say he would get 5-9 mil back home. If you find it - I'll be the first to apologize. I was making completely different point, which clearly you missed.

This is stupid. GM's are held hostage by the players too often. I believe in players making top dollar. This contract isn't a good example but my biggest issues are the second contracts, the long terms. Should be six max. The gauranteed contracts. Maybe some player or club options. Maybe not the whole contracts gauranteed. Maybe more incentives in contracts rather than gaurantees.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Please point to anything in my posts that say he would get 5-9 mil back home. If you find it - I'll be the first to apologize. I was making completely different point, which clearly you missed.

Fair enough i was incorrect, You did not say that. That was in the range of the dollar amount rumored to poach him back to russia.
Which was a completely false debunked rumour. 

I don't care about the under the table stuff, That's a two way street. Here in north america we have morals and legal agreements that must be met. As we see with this signing he knows this and took the best deal.

Minn had no choice regardless of the fake rumour however, Would have just gone back to russia till he's a ufa and make his money in 2 years. Tough spot to be in.

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Eichel is to blame for these deals. McDavid earned the money, Eichel never did. Now every too player coming off rookie deal thinks they should get too dollar on second deal. 
Only salary control anymore is rookie deal. 

The Marner and Matthews deals pushed the trend of stupidly overpaid second contracts too.  Is there a guy at 10 or more per year that actually deserves that amount other than McDavid, especially when compared to Ponit, Kucherov, Crosby, OV, Hedman, and the other great (and proven) players?  

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

Wound anybody here trade Petey straight up for Kaprizov?

Didn’t think so. Petey is gonna get paid alot more than most people think. You may not like it but that’s life. 

9x7 may be the tipping point to get this deal done. I’m sure Barry is asking for 10, so they could end up at 9.5. 

As for Quinn, I can see him signing a short term deal in the $7 million range. 

Benning should be able to fit $16.5 million into the salary cap. They can do it if they go with 22 players. 

• Vintage 1

Kaprizov is 24 right now.  

While I feel that this is an overpayment by about 2 mil/year...  Minny was desperate and this way they are buying up his 24 to 29 years which is the prime.  

Elias and Quinn are allowing their agents to play hardball with the Canucks and jeopardize our training camp.  Let them.  Stick to your guns Chris Gear/Jim Benning and let's see how much money they are making while they're training in Michigan.  

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Wild are royally screwed for years with those buyouts.  I would be shocked if he wasn't traded in the next couple of years.

Good point.  I didn't realize what the hits will be.  Insanity.

BUYOUT HISTORY (2)   2021-22 2022-23 2023-24 2024-25 2025-26 2026-27
Zach Parise   $2,371,794 $6,371,794 $7,371,794 $7,371,794 $833,333 $833,333
Ryan Suter   $2,371,794 $6,371,794 $7,371,794 $7,371,794 $833,333

$833,333

Still think Barzal is a great comp for Petey. 9mil would be overpayment. IMHO.

3x7

Then we can see if Petey can stay healthy akin to Brock Boeser. If his game improves and he earns a raise, great. If not, we have a better idea as to what he will become over the next 3 seasons.

• Upvote 2