The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Preseason] Calgary @ Vancouver Monday, Sept. 27/21 7:00 PM Abbotsford Centre

Rate this topic

-DLC-

48 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think Myers has had a pretty good game. @Patel Bure may be right with Tyler Myers reinventing himself could possibly push the Canucks to the next level that is if Myers shows consistency in the regular season.

Thanks for the shout out man, haha.  It just makes sense to me.  We already have guys like OEL, Hughes, and Rathbone that can move the puck up ice and so we don’t need Myers to be that guy as well.  Focus on playing smart high percentage hockey and using your size to dominate.  

If Myers can be the “ying to the yang” for OEL or Hughes and just play smart, high percentage, physical hockey (ie a more “selective” version of his bubble self that picks his spots better in terms of his aggression), then I think he could fill a far bigger need for us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

If Rathbone is the guy to get the 3rd LH S spot Joulevi can be the extra. Not really a big of a deal has people make it out to be.

Rathbone could get sent down initially too if we need to juggle things to avoid waiving other players. Injuries WILL HAPPEN to boot.

We are way over thinking this for the most part 

I’m hearing it’s more complicated. They can send Rathbone down but to bring him back up he’d have to through waivers?  Has this been confirmed?  In that case I’d keep both and have OJ as the 7th d.  

Just now, Patel Bure said:

Thanks for the shout out man, haha.  It just makes sense to me.  We already have guys like OEL, Hughes, and Rathbone that can move the puck up ice and so we don’t need Myers to be that guy as well.  Focus on playing smart high percentage hockey and using your size to dominate.  

If Myers can be the “ying to the yang” for OEL or Hughes and just play smart, high percentage, physical hockey (ie a more “selective” version of his bubble self that picks his spots better in terms of his aggression), then I think he could fill a far bigger need for us.

I think we should go with OEL and Myers and Hughes and Poolman.  Then Schenn can play 3rd pairing minutes with Juolevi and they can be our 1st unit penalty killers.  Don't think we will find a replacement for Hamonic this late in the game, so Hunt and Rathbone will have to be the 7th and 8th guys.  Maybe Woo is in the mix as well at some point.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I think we should go with OEL and Myers and Hughes and Poolman.  Then Schenn can play 3rd pairing minutes with Juolevi and they can be our 1st unit penalty killers.  Don't think we will find a replacement for Hamonic this late in the game, so Hunt and Rathbone will have to be the 7th and 8th guys.  Maybe Woo is in the mix as well at some point.

Good points.

As far as a Hamonic replacement goes, I think the Canucks will try and need to find one fast. Poolman shouldn’t be anything more than a 3rd dman while Schenn shouldn’t be anything more than a #7.     

If I’m Benning, I’d be kicking the tires on Jason Demers.  He’s not the sexiest option out there but he should be able to play the ‘stay at home’ role reasonably well.  

I like Woo but don’t think he’s just quite ready.  Demers on a one year “save my NHL career” 700K deal should be a sensible deals for both sides.   We can then use that freed up 2.3 million (Hamonic - Demers cap) to sign Petey and Hughes to longer term deals.

• Huggy Bear 1

25 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Seems like, with so much on the line, enforcement should be high priority.

I was there. I would say 95% of people stayed masked the whole time. Just taking down for eat\drink. Every time someone complained to an usher about someone not wearing a mask, security addressed the situation pretty quick. Was quite canadian. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I’m hearing it’s more complicated. They can send Rathbone down but to bring him back up he’d have to through waivers?  Has this been confirmed?  In that case I’d keep both and have OJ as the 7th d.  

I don't think its waivers, but rather it's the exponential cap hit we take if he starts in the miners then gets called up other than for injury.  I dont know the math, but it is something like the total cap hit spread over the remaining games in the schedule, then annualized.  e.g. if he gets called up after 41 games, then effectively his $935k cap hit becomes$1.87M.  Or bonuses get added this year. - something like that.  Others, more knowledgeable, might know how it works

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

I don't think its waivers, but rather it's the exponential cap hit we take if he starts in the miners then gets called up other than for injury.  I dont know the math, but it is something like the total cap hit spread over the remaining games in the schedule, then annualized.  e.g. if he gets called up after 41 games, then effectively his $935k cap hit becomes$1.87M.  Or bonuses get added this year. - something like that.  Others, more knowledgeable, might know how it works

I believe it’s based on the presumption we would be using LTIR with the Ferland contract, in which case I believe Rathbone’s salary plus bonuses would be calculated into his cap hit upon recall, regardless of whether he’s hit the bonus markets or not. 

11 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Not to be a dick but not all people of faith are anti-vaccine. I find it hilarious that as long as your in the majority bashing is perfectly fine here but if anyone with a conservative view says anything at all they get attacked on social media.

The irony of that considering the view the left has when it comes to rights makes it that much more hypocritical.

I'm Catholic and could care less but next time think before you attempt to sound funny and woke!

Perhaps people with conservative views should stop saying stupid things.  Let's start there and see how that goes first

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 4