The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Extension] Panthers Barkov 8 years x $10M AAV

-DLC-

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Is there any thread that we can go to where you won't whine about Benning?

Well, that depends.  If you and your posse don't feel the need to jump to the defence every time somebody makes an innocuous comment about being able to sign stars for long-term deals, then, yes, there's tons of threads...

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

Like I said, in the post-Tallon era, they're doing good things.  They replaced the guy who was actively causing harm to the organization...

Maybe if we go through a post-Benning era, we could say the same things.

Neat, You must be in the CDC forum record books. Ironman when it comes to being on here daily slamming JB.

FLA uses 6.5m in dead cap to get rid of yandle. GOOD JOB FLA!
Canucks use 12m in dead cap to gain a #2-3D and top 6 winger. JB SUCKS!

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, AV. said:

Well, that depends.  If you and your posse don't feel the need to jump to the defence every time somebody makes an innocuous comment about being able to sign stars for long-term deals, then, yes, there's tons of threads...

You're pissing in the wind and only hitting yourself. If you take the horse blinders off and looks at all teams situations objectively maybe then common sense will kick in?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Neat, You must be in the CDC forum record books. Ironman when it comes to being on here daily slamming JB.

FLA uses 6.5m in dead cap to get rid of yandle. GOOD JOB FLA!
Canucks use 12m in dead cap to gain a #2-3D and top 6 winger. JB SUCKS!

And I reiterate that Yandle was signed by Tallon...not the new regime.

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

yup. Seeing the snow start to emerge on the mountains makes me a happy guy.

Me too. Alps just got frosted. ;)

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Right on!

I hate winter. Another life goal is to go 1 year without snow.

After 9 years in Mexico with winter weather around 20c and summer around 48c, I was very happy to be back in the cold. I love the winter cold.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, AV. said:

And I reiterate that Yandle was signed by Tallon...not the new regime.

And i reiterate it was current management who chose to have 6.5m in dead cap when trying to push for a deep run.

Reverse the rolls. Canucks are in floridas position, We just went on a good run, poised to make another. Then we elect to waste 6.5m in cap.

You sure as hell wouldn't be patting our franchise on the back like you are for FLA

• Wat 1

56 minutes ago, AV. said:

I can assure you nothing about these latest extensions for EP or Hughes involved a strategy based on something premediated nor geared for the long-term.  We paid term and money we could afford -  and, importantly, what the players/agents would sign off on -  from what we had left over over after we spent tons of money in FA.  We have had to rely on LTIR and league-minimum players to fit these deals in and literally meet the minimum roster requirements of 12 forwards, 6 defenders, and 2 goalies.  That's not a plan, and if it is, it's a poor one.

Needless to say, in three years time, I would be a shocked person to see an 8x10 extension lined up for Pettersson.  I don't think this management has enough foresight to look into what's happening a week from now.

In any event, good deal for Florida.  In the post-Tallon era, they're doing some good things.

I think you’re downplaying the strategy involved in signing both Petey and Hughes relative to other contracts on the team:

2022:
Boeser renewal 
Luongo off the cap $3M

2023:
Horvat, Miller, Hoglander renewals 
Hamonic $3M, Ferland $3.5, Holtby $1.9M, Virtanen $0.5M off the cap 

2024:
Petterson renewal
Pearson $3.25, Dickinson $2.65, Myers $6M off the cap

2027:
Hughes renewal
Ekman-Larson $7.26 off the cap

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I think you’re downplaying the strategy involved in signing both Petey and Hughes relative to other contracts on the team:

2022:
Boeser renewal 
Luongo off the cap $3M

2023:
Horvat, Miller, Hoglander renewals 
Hamonic $3M, Ferland $3.5, Holtby $1.9M, Virtanen $0.5M off the cap 

2024:
Petterson renewal
Pearson $3.25, Dickinson $2.65, Myers $6M off the cap

2027:
Hughes renewal
Ekman-Larson $7.26 off the cap

Don't bother, Guy uses this forum as his fidget spinner 

• Haha 3
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Assuming knight plays well, kinda rough for the panthers to 10m bob, Then in 22/23 they have 6.5m in buyout dead cap as well. Interesting build if you look at this team on cap friendly

Won't be too bad if they just bridge Knight to a reasonable deal, then Bob is off the books when he's looking to extend into a long term deal. 

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

One of the most underrated players in the league.

I agree, but I also don't agree if that makes sense? Seems folks speak of him being slept on so often that he's no longer slept on? 

Gotta love that Florida no tax though, must be nice.