The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 13, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Very entertaining game. Revamped roster has some jump and will get better as they gel. Noticed a number of plays where Canucks would turnover a puck/not win a battle in the past-but wasn't the case. And EDM (I hate to say it) are a dangerous team and Canucks played them hard.  Good battle. 

On a sour note: anyone watch the game on tv with telus?  It was freezing constantly for me

24 minutes ago, Heretic said:

One game and some here are dumping on some of the players and coaches.

Could be 1st game jitters, maybe hold off your opinions until they have played at least 10 games - MnKay?!?

Pretty sure we liked the game yesterday even though we didnt come out with 2 pts

7 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I readily admit I question (ed) the OEL deal.

More cause I believe in building through the draft.  OEL does make the team better sooner. Seeing as I dont have a choice? I am going to cheer for Garland & OEL. Not jeer...

We tried to find that top pairing dman through the draft. so far JB is batting .500 in the first round.

3 hours ago, sassbs said:

I feel this team can really dominate. If they had proper coaching at every aspect.   Deployments are atrocious, PP is predictable and stale…. We all know this.   
I just want green gone.  We should’ve went after gallant !! 

Can we all just go back to our favourite “chew toys” for awhile?

These years of frustration are ones that help to define a franchise,  I see nothing but exciting hockey ahead,  but it’s this growth together as players and coaches have that define the way they want to win.

Green isn’t going anywhere, huff and puff all you want. 
.. but it’s a fact.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

26 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Shh, he's still my bff but you are right. Grabbing the stick too tight, blasting shots wide and not being able to receive EP's extra crisp passes.

I know, just tweaking you a bit. He had a weird camp, plus Petey's timing is off too,  so I can why he was off a bit. Still had 22 minutes tho. 

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Very entertaining game. Revamped roster has some jump and will get better as they gel. Noticed a number of plays where Canucks would turnover a puck/not win a battle in the past-but wasn't the case. And EDM (I hate to say it) are a dangerous team and Canucks played them hard.  Good battle. 

On a sour note: anyone watch the game on tv with telus?  It was freezing constantly for me

No issues last night with Telus during the game but I have had the same problem from time to time. To fix it I have to unplug my modem for a few seconds then restart it. Although annoying it always works.

• Thanks 2

Very good start to the season:  a loss that felt like a win.

I wasn't too impressed with Burroughs in the pre-season but him and Rathbone looked great, especially in the 1st.  Maybe a little bit too offense-first, so I can see why Green dialed back their minutes later on, but they were making things happen.  If we have a solid 3rd pairing that can play the same style as the top 2, we're going to put a lot of pressure on other teams. 

11 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I managed to make the gif but couldn’t include Keith skating away with his head leaking as they were too far apart. The gif would have been huge and use up too much of my attachment limit.

5qcyfp.gif

I just keep watching this gif over and over. So satisfying. B)

Oh Yeah Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

The biggest knock on OEL was that he advanced stats have been declining over the past couple of years.  Prior to last year in 19-20 he put up 30 points in 66 games and was -3, playing 23 mins a night.  His advanced stast sucked though.   I bring this up as OEL, along with Myers has atrocious advanced stats, yet I feel they both played very well.  

Long story short, I' d take those games from those 2 all year long, despite what some Fancy numbers say.  Watch the games, not naturalstattrick.

27 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is perfect.

Hey Dan Sedin, you had a pretty good career, 1300+ games, lead your team in goals, some trophies...

what would you like to be remembered for most, getting destroyed but Dunc Keith or getting slapped around by Brad Marchand?

With Dunc playing in Edmonton there will be lots of opportunities to relive that classic moment.

Wouldn't it be great if Brad got traded to Calgary, late in his career, so we can relive that classic moment more often?

I bet there is nothing you'd like better

AmIright?

• RoughGame 2

33 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Very good start to the season:  a loss that felt like a win.

I wasn't too impressed with Burroughs in the pre-season but him and Rathbone looked great, especially in the 1st.  Maybe a little bit too offense-first, so I can see why Green dialed back their minutes later on, but they were making things happen.  If we have a solid 3rd pairing that can play the same style as the top 2, we're going to put a lot of pressure on other teams. 

haha said like a true Canuck fan

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

One game and some here are dumping on some of the players and coaches.

Could be 1st game jitters, maybe hold off your opinions until they have played at least 10 games - MnKay?!?

In all fairness these posters are experts at the top of their fields.

1 hour ago, grumpyone said:

one note about OEL over Edler....OEL can hit the .......net from the point without breaking 8 sticks a game

Yeah, Edler always processed the game way to slow. Shot when he had time and always held onto it when a simple shot through traffic was the way to go. It's definitely an elite skill Eddie never did posses.

For the people who always resort to "he's in the NHL and you're not he knows more than you so shut up":

#CanucksNHLTeam_2021_Canucks.png coach Travis Green on Hoglander's game tonight: "Hogs, he kind of creates stuff on his own... I'd like to keep Hog between 14 to 18 minutes and kind of shuffle him around because I think he can kickstart a lot of lines"

Moron.

• RoughGame 1